How Do I Post A Cell Phone Picture To Another Forum?

Discussion in 'Help Requests' started by Harold Pollner, Jul 17, 2022.

1. Harold Pollner

Harold Pollner Active Member
    Registered

How do I post a cell phone picture to another Forum?

I used to do this regularly, but since I got a cell phone, everything is so confusing. I don't even know how to answer my phone when I get a call. It says to slide up, but when I do and say hello, I get
    nothing .

I want to send a cell phone picture of some model railroad equipment to a model railroad Forum's for sale section.

Thanks,
    Hal
    PS: (I just turned 86 on July 11)

2. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Howdy Hal and Happy Birthday dude !!

If the forum is anything like this one, you don’t need to use your phone.
    On your computer, you hit the “upload a file” button and then choose ‘photo library” from the drop down. When your photos appear, pick the picture, check “use” and wait for it to load onto wherever you chose to post it.

Of course, that’s only if your phone and the computer are linked which they probably aren’t or your photos would also be on your computer.
    That said, if you use your phone to get on the forum it would be the same as I explained in the first paragraph.

Calling @Yvonne Smith or @Beth Gallagher !!

3. Teresa Levitt

Teresa Levitt Veteran Member
    Registered

hal.....I'd be interested in what you have to sell...post a picture here for practice....by the way
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

4. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Happy B Day!
    I got a new phone too. After you slide up, look for a symbol that looks like an old telephone that we used to hold up to our ear and tap that?

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  5. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

I forgot one more thing. Besides tapping the phone icon, there is a little circle with dots in it. You tap on that to bring up the numbers for dialing out.

6. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I guess that depends on the phone and the computer. I have an iPhone and I use Macs, so I can simply use Airdrop to move a photo from my phone to my computer, and then I can upload it to the forum as I always would. If I need a photo on my Windows PC, I generally attach it to an email that I send to myself. You could, of course, copy it to a thumb drive and move it that way. I don't personally use my iPhone to access forums but, if you do, you could simply upload it to the forum directly from your phone, assuming it's a phone that can be used to access the Internet.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2022
  7. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

As a minor suggestion: There Must be someone on staff where you’re living who can physically show you how to do it.