How Do I Turn An Mp3 Into A File That Will Play Directly From A Post Like A Video?

Discussion in 'Help Requests' started by Dwight Ward, May 2, 2022.

1. Dwight Ward

Dwight Ward Veteran Member
    Registered

I've tried converting mp3s into mp4s but SeniorsOnly won't accept them when I try to upload them. Is their a file format that plays like a video using my original mp3s?
    The reason I upload mp3s instead of youtube videos playing the same music is that the mp3s are often higher quality.
    I imagine some people won't bother to click on my mp3s because they have to be downloaded to the user's computer and then played with their own music player. It's annoying.

Ideas anyone?

2. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

No way to post directly to this forum unless you can convince Ken to add that player to the forum. Very few will do the download and then listen. That is why I quit posting any of my mp3 recordings to the forum. Waste of time. There is no way to post either an mp3 or 4 directly to this forum. I imagine adding a player is expensive and takes up a lot of space, especially for mp4. The only option is to use an off-site place and share the link. Very few will bother with that either. Make a video with your mp3 files and then post it on youtube and then share the link here which will embed if you allow that option on youtube.

Last edited: May 2, 2022
  3. Dwight Ward

Dwight Ward Veteran Member
    Registered

Thank you so much, Faye. You've covered the ground pretty good. I've saved your reply to text with the title The Wisdom Of Faye. I might try that last option you suggested just to work through the motions once and see if I can do it., even though it seems like a lot of trouble to go through for each song I would want to post.

Hmm. Yet another woman who's smarter than I. It shouldn't be allowed.

Faye Fox likes this.
  4. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Truth hurts, doesn't it? smiley laugh out loud.gif Just kidding.

The only way I know to post videos is to put them on YouTube then post them here.

Dwight Ward and Faye Fox like this.
  5. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Not smarter just more determined hahaha! Yes, it is a pain making a YouTube video. I use windows movie maker and add the mp3 sound clip then add a photo or two. It was a lot of trial and error getting a video I was happy with.

Dwight Ward likes this.
  6. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

If you want a great audio tool that is open source and free download Audacity and then the LAME add on for working with MP3. MP3 is a commercial format and causes a lot of problems for a lot of reasons when trying to share something. OGG is the open source file format for audio that you can share as you like. Audacity can record what U hear if you have the right audio card in your computer. Even if you didn't have a card that is early enough to allow record what U hear you still can just loop the card with short audio plug cables and it will do the same thing. Lots of online instructions how to record what you hear on your system. I have a cheap but exceptional 24 bit audio card on this computer I am using at this moment. When I first in stalled the card about 6 years ago I noticed that the record what U hear turned up missing, it took a little investigating then I found microsoft and creative labs the maker of the card had teamed up and illegally destroyed the original drivers that came with the card when purchased. These large companies like microsoft are some of the worst criminals ever and it takes a judge to get their mind right. So it didn't take long to for microsoft to rewrite their auto updater on win 7 to allow you to kill any update including that one that destroys my audio driver. I use the very first driver that was issued for Vista 64 bit because creative took down their driver for win 7. A lot of big money is floating around the internet causing a lot of grief for people like all of us. I keep that vista driver for my card and system and will always be able to record what U hear. I also bought the loop to cables in case I ever need them for any other system, like for instance win 10. I use Audacity to make wav files for my computer game engines.

Audacity.JPG

7. John West

John West Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

The best way to make an mp3 audio file play like a video is to make a video out of it. With a freebie video editor, it's quite easy to do.