How Do You Live Alone And Not Get Lonely?

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Michael Stewart, Feb 3, 2022.

1. Michael Stewart

Michael Stewart Active Member
    Registered

Hi fellow members,can you all tell me how you live alone and not get lonely ???

2. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

All I can say right now is that it's not easy to be alone.

3. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Time may help or perhaps make loneliness worse. Living by myself for 51 years, I am accustomed to it but I submit in my younger days I kept busy never having enough time in a day to accomplish all I desired. Now that I don't care to do any of my many hobbies, I find sharing here on SOC passes time and distracts my mind from any lonely thoughts that might arise from a relaxed mind. My daily workout and walks also do wonders.

If your old age loneliness is from the loss of a partner of many years, then I don't know. I know some that have living partners but are still lonely. I think finding mental things to do as well as keeping active physically, is the key. In short, I guess distraction is my answer.

4. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

For the 22 years I was divorced, up until early 2000, when I met my wife, there were times when I was lonely. But, numerous times in those 22 years, I had a girlfriend or seeing a lady. But, in-between those "having a girlfriend" times, I could get bored on weekends and want Monday to arrive so I could go back to work.

There are those that love being alone, but, fortunately that's not either my wife nor I. But, my BIL (wife's brother) loves being alone. He's never been married.

5. Michael Stewart

Registered

I understand your situation,you must have mastered living alone by now .lol.

Faye Fox likes this.
  6. Michael Stewart

Registered

Hoping to find a soulmate and to fall in love once again,i have been on a few deployments lately and barely make time for myself.i am taking time this year to do things that truly makes me happy and that is to find a woman of my dreams.Ha

Don Alaska and Faye Fox like this.
  7. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

As @Faye Fox said, it may be more difficult if you have lost a long-time companion. I had no difficulty living alone prior to being married, but I had many friends and lots of activities to keep me distracted. I also read a great deal. After having been married for 45 years however, I would find it very hard to live alone now.

Faye Fox likes this.
  8. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Michael--I don't live alone but I wanted to say hello and welcome to the forum. Maybe spending some time here with us will help you pass some time. :D

9. Michael Stewart

Registered

Thank you .hoping to hear from you.

Beth Gallagher likes this.