How Much Is Your Gasoline? Regular Unleaded

Discussion in 'Energy & Fuel' started by Mari North, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

That's a long way for me to go for gas! :)

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  2. Tom Galty

Tom Galty Veteran Member
    Registered

Come to England A gallon costs just over $7

3. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I was on empty so I had to get gas today... yikes, $4.09 for regular this morning at Chevron. :(

4. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Chrissy Cross
    Ours has gone up in past months, from a long-standing $2.21 to now $2.79, still formidably less than Fresno! What with the oil "glut" which has been going on, these prices are ridiculous!
    Frank

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  5. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

yes but that's for the cheapest supermarket unleaded which is currently £1.25 a litre with which i fill my runaround... at the petrol garage it's even more expensive...and then there's the super unleaded which goes in my husband's sports car..which is £1.37.9 at BP in London near where he works... which works out at $8.30 USD per gallon

6. Chrissy Cross

Registered

It's also higher in Canada but I'm not sure how much it is there....do we have any Canadians on here?

Except for Hawaii and maybe Alaska, California must have the highest in the US.

Funny though that it's somewhat cheaper on the coast by my daughter than in Fresno.

I fill up there coming home. So I didn't fill up my car all the way just a little more than enough to get me there on Monday.

Will fill up coming back...I use less than half a tank for the trip....pretty good. My Altima used a half tank for the same trip.

At home I barely use gas...everything is so close.

Don Alaska and Frank Sanoica like this.
  7. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Our gas varies a lot by the area of the state. In rural Alaska, it is well over $10 per gallon, but here it is now around $3.40 per gallon. Fresno has us beat. Our taxes are lower.

8. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Don Alaska
    Double-whammy!

9. Thomas Stearn

Thomas Stearn Veteran Member
    Registered

Gas prices keep climbing due to Trump's Iran decision. I paid $6.65 a gallon (regular 95/ E10) last night. During the day it would have been higher.
    It still seems to be true that when the US sneeze, Europe catches a cold...

Last edited: May 30, 2018
  10. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

Hello, Seniors!

Do any of you play an Instrument, either for your own enjoyment or with a group?

I played Rhythm Guitar (chords only, not melody) with a group back in the 60's when the Tijuana Brass was popular. We did a lot of their charts.

When in the Army, I learned to play the Acoustic Bass (stand-up, not electric). During off-duty hours a bunch of us would get together in the Enlisted Mens Club to drink beer and jam.

Many years later I joined a Senior Citizens Dance Band, where I played Rhythm Guitar and Fender (electric) Bass, and sometimes filled in on Piano. None of my experiences required the reading of Music...we all played from memory in simple keys. The Dance Band wasn't that good, but we had an extensive book.

I fooled around with other instruments, (the Saxophone was easy), but settled on the Bass as my favorite with groups.

The Piano is the instrument I play best.

What instruments do you play?

Hal
    059.JPG 004.JPG 098.JPG 563.jpg 265.JPG 480.jpg 253.JPG

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
  11. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

I wanted to play a musical instrument growing up. All the guys i ran around with played, all of them except me.Being too dumb to learn to play I finally disbanded from my musical friends and joined a leper coloney.

12. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

You weren't "too dumb", Bill...your talents just ran in a different direction!

Hal

13. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I have no skills.

14. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Years upon years ago, I played some Rock drums (set of Ludwig). Two of my favorite drummers were Mick Fleetwood and Phil Collins.

I could possibly (make that a BIG "possibly") still play Wipe Out by the Safaris. I'm a major fan of Styx, Boston, BTO, Steppenwolf, Queen, AC/DC, Chicago (one of my favorites by Chicago: I'm A Man), Santana, Bad Company, Bob Seger, ZZ Top, Journey, Heart, Bon Jovi among others. Yes, that good old Classic Rock! Then, add in Jefferson Airplane, Janis Joplin (wife loves her), Paul Revere & The Raiders, Sly & Family Stone...…...definitely "Party Time!"

Also love the keyboards, but have never played. Put a keyboard in a band and "Let the good times roll"!

Wife and I also love Pat Benatar and Joan Jett.

After, get that old Motown sound going (wife introduced me into that music and I love it) as well as Earth, Wind and Fire and Kool and the Gang. And, absolutely can't forget, Michael Jackson!

Country favorites: Chris Le Doux, George Strait, Alan Jackson, Travis Tritt, old Shania Twain, Diamond Rio, Garth Brooks, Kentucky Head Hunters, Reba, Terri Clark, Alabama and on and on.

Yes, I love a good drummer, but also love the keyboards.

Von Jones and Bobby Cole like this.
  15. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Hal you're a very talented man...any videos' of your band available on youtube for us to have a peek at?

I don't play any music, not since high school..then I played Cello..but that was a long time ago.

I had my daughter classically trained in Acoustic guitar from the age of 8, then several woodwind instruments , and then in her teens she took up Bass guitar when she enrolled in Music college . She was a member of a band who mostly played Rock covers, but she wrote a lot of her own music . They were very popular around the campuses and eventually onto bigger things and large rock venues in London were booking them regularly. However once her corporate career took off, she gave the band up.. (she was the only female and on only Bass player).. and has never shown any interest in it since...a real pity because she really was very talented.

Von Jones and Bobby Cole like this.