How Will This Decade Appear In History Books?

Discussion in 'History & Geography' started by Mary Stetler, Dec 10, 2023.

1. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

All the lies and corruption and social insanity? How will the time from even Obama's presidency to the next election be presented. I know it is a culmination of corruption creep from ''Mr Smith Goes to Washington and probably before. But it got worse and worse in the last 60 years, IMHO.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/wAQkA3drs44

2. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

The decline has been in steps as we move further from the Constitution as originally written. The first big steps were taken under Wilson, a know-it-all college president who pushed the Federal Reserve--the idea of which the founders hated--and the direct election of Senators. The income tax he got through even required a Constitutional amendment to enable the government to "tax the rich". FDR was the next big step, and he was the one who left the Constitution behind in a wholesale manner and became a dictator of sorts with many of his plans. He was an admirer of Stalin and how he got things done. There were a few courageous politicians and judges who blocked some of what he wanted. Otherwise we would already be under a dictatorship, as he was a big one for "Never Waste a Crisis" philosophy. He fooled many people though, and some loved the man and his ideas. Nixon and Carter helped the decline in a number of ways, but Reagan did a little to bring things back again. Then came Clinton, and the decline accelerated and has been in a dive ever since. Obama did some damage, but nobody has done as much as the current occupant.

3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Good post. That's what Progressivism is all about. When Republicans win some elections, they sometimes try to slow the progression to the left, but they rarely even try to move things back toward the right. Trump was an exception until he got caught up in the legal issues and Covid, which was probably what that was all about.

4. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

That is largely why they have pursued him so hard. Instead of "Innocent until proven guilty" we have "Guilty, now we have to find a crime for which we can convict him that will take him out of the political process so we can get on with destroying America and enriching ourselves."

5. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

As one of the most misguided and stupid ever. That applies to all walks of life. The final curtain came down during the pandemic and if it isn't torn down, God help us.

Hedi Mitchell and Beth Gallagher like this.
  6. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

And so it continues:

Also, I was horrified to learn a man is being charged with destruction of property at the Iowa Capital building where he tore down a 'satanic temple' display. I didn't even know that there was such a thing. It was required by freedom of religion along side a Christmas tree. And there was one in our Capitol building already for a few years: a goat head. There is a 'satanic temple' in New Mexico offering a place to have your abortion and then you can offer your baby there!!!
    I cannot believe what is happening and there does not seem a way to stop it. It started slowly and is now snow balling.

7. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

I wonder where they are going once, they finish us off? I hear some have private islands set up farms,etc.

8. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

And many are reportedly building and stocking bunkers. I wonder what for?

Yvonne Smith and Marie Mallery like this.
  9. Marie Mallery

Registered

I have a few ideas. Putin is threatening nukes now and China isn't happy either.

10. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

NATO is trying to get Russia to use a Nuke, but it may be done by a proxy such as North Korea or Belarus.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  11. Marie Mallery

Registered

I want to go live in the swamps, wouldn't have far to travel, but I'd have to share with monkeys that have taken over parts of the rivers here.

12. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Marie Mallery likes this.
  13. Marie Mallery

Registered

Yes they are.

14. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

How Will This Decade Appear In History Books?
    pathetic, statonic, sick, out of control, laughable, and without all the history that came before us.
    USA = united shitheads abound. Appalling

15. Marie Mallery

Registered

Mary there is lots of thaqt going on now, I already figured they were into santanic occult. Years ago they were seen at the Tunnel opening in Swiss tunnel,
    All kinds of dignitary and world leaders attended, I'll see if I can find the one showing them later.

Among the leaders in attendance were the Swiss president, Johann Schneider-Ammann, Chancellor Angela Merkel of Germany, President François Hollande of France, Prime Minister Matteo Renzi of Italy, Prime Minister Adrian Hasler of Liechtenstein, and Chancellor Christian Kern of Austria.
    World’s Longest and Deepest Rail Tunnel, Through Swiss Alps, Ope…

www.nytimes.com/2016/06/02/world/europe/gotthard-base-rail-tunnel-switzerla…