Huge Wildfires In Texas, Have You Seen This On The News?

Discussion in 'Weather & Natural Disasters' started by Yvonne Smith, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Texas is still battling huge wildfires in the northern part of the state, and I have been reading some of the terrible stories of people, livestock, and farms that have been lost in the wildfire. However, I had not heard even a little bit about this on the news, so I was wondering if anyone else has been learning about this fire.
    When I asked Bobby, he said he hadn't heard about it either; but we thought that at least @Ina I. Wonder might have heard about it since she lives in Texas.
    I was reading the story today about the firefighter who lost most of his livestock and farm, although the house survived.
    His horses were missing, and when he located them, they were all so badly burned that he had to get his rifle and put them down, a heartbreaking story, for sure.
    It sounds like they are starting to get the fires under control; but with a lot of damage done to the whole area, and a lot of homes and livestock lost.

http://www.gosanangelo.com/story/ne...tained-feed-sought-displaced-cattle/98986434/

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
  2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

So terrible and very sad :(

3. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

It has been in the news here, I think, as I was aware of it, but maybe I heard about it on Facebook or somewhere.