I Am Missing My Pre Retirement Home

Discussion in 'Places I Have Lived' started by Lon Tanner, Mar 28, 2021.

1. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Veteran Member
    Registered

The attached picture is of the home that I lived in for most of my working life and sold it when I retired. I lived there with my wife and daughter. It is a three bedroom 3.5 bath home of 3,000 sq. feet with a pool and spa in the back yard. I am quite comfortable with my present living arrangements and guess that what I really miss about the old home are the memories.

Attached Files:

Ken Anderson and Shirley Martin like this.
  2. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I agree, Lon. Houses can be replaced but not precious memories.

3. John Brunner

John Brunner Veteran Member
    Registered

I never took a pic of the tiny home I spent over 30 years in...at least not a digital pic.

Lots of memories there, even as a single guy. It's "home."

4. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Veteran Member
    Registered

We miss, but don't miss, the only house we've had together. It was in Colorado. I was never a part of "home ownership" until I met my wife. Her and her ex had bought a house together, but sold it when their divorce happened.

We don't miss it because:
    It was too big for us, being that it was a 2-story, 3-bedroom, 1 1/2 bath, living room/family room and upstairs den that we only used once in 3 years living there. Also had a 3-car garage, which was nice for the boat we had at the time. It was on a 1/4 acre lot with a big backyard. Never used the two extra bedrooms, or the family room. Had a big dining room table in the family room, but never used it. Ate in the small dining area next to the kitchen.

It turned out to be way, way to much of a house for us to clean and upkeep. Actually, the house was in a "family" type housing development and numerous neighbors wondered why someone would live there that had no kids.

Sold the house when we moved to NC and then to FL.. Our income now won't allow us to buy another house, but that's ok with us.

5. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Veteran Member
    Registered

I have owned and lived in seven different houses. One in Napa, California, two in Fresno, California, two in Roseville, California, two in New Zealand

The picture of the house with the wrought iron fence was my favorite and the second picture was on a golf course. WEST SPRUCE.jpg Sun City.jpg Sun City.jpg