Marco Poodle And Other Dog Adventures

Discussion in 'Pets & Critters' started by Yvonne Smith, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Poodle keeps me good company. He is next to me when I am sitting on the little couch, and often right by my feet when I am here at my computer desk.
    At night, he has a blanket and his bathrobe and sleeps at the foot of the bed, and if we have a storm then he snuggles up next to me on the edge of the bed.

After I lost my beloved Chipper (avatar dog), and mourned for a year, I felt like I was ready for another dog in my life.
    I knew that no other dog could ever replace Chipper (my Heart Dog), but I missed having a little dog to sit beside me and be petted; so I looked until I found Poodle.
    He was about 3-4 when I got him, and I didn’t have to deal with puppy training and chewing on things, but not old either; so just perfect, and he needed a better home than he had before.

This is Chipper, who was my Fuzzy Kid, and will always be in my heart, and the first one I will look for, if I make it to Heaven.

CCB46AF4-BA60-4204-8ECD-4631B4BEFB7E.jpeg

2. Jake Smith

Jake Smith Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

So pretty, I can relate to your loss, it really hurt to lose a pet that you love so dear. Had my heart broken too many times, but always get another. :rolleyes:

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  3. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

We know the feeling of losing one yvonne but we do get to love them while they are here, well most of the time,lol.
    Chipper was a real cutie pie. Who's his hairdresser?:)

Yvonne Smith and Jake Smith like this.
  4. Jessica Morgan

Jessica Morgan Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Sooooo cute!! (⁠◍⁠•⁠ᴗ⁠•⁠◍⁠)⁠❤

Jake Smith and Marie Mallery like this.
  5. Jessica Morgan

Registered

I want your gorgeous little dog!! (⁠◍⁠•⁠ᴗ⁠•⁠◍⁠)⁠❤

Jake Smith and Marie Mallery like this.
  6. Jessica Morgan

Registered

Oh my gosh she is a beauty (⁠◍⁠•⁠ᴗ⁠•⁠◍⁠)⁠❤

I'm hoping my departed pets are waiting for me over the rainbow bridge, apparently all our pets are there waiting for us and every now and again when our dogs hear a new arrival at the door they look to see if it's their owner, then when a dog recognises that it's their owner they dart over to them.
    This gives me comfort each time I've lost my pets, so far there's 5 dogs waiting for me (⁠◍⁠•⁠ᴗ⁠•⁠◍⁠)⁠❤

7. Yvonne Smith

As I mentioned in my Journal thread, I have a new little dog. She is a chocolate Labradoodle, and she is pretty small for a labradoodle; so maybe from a smaller poodle father.
    She is all legs, and long floppy ears, and a sweet personality.
    I am ordering her a training collar, long leash and a harness, and will start teaching her how to walk beside me so we can go for walks. We have named her Mocha, and I am starting to teach her her name, and other words. She seems very intelligent, and i think she will be a quick learner.

Some people that used to live near us came by , and they said they needed to find a new home for her, as they are getting ready to move and can’t take her along.
    We have had her all weekend, and she gets along good with Poodle and Bobby’s dog, Rusty. She wanted to sleep on the bed (she did that before we got her); but after Bobby shooed her off the bed, she slept on the floor beside me last night.
    Her hair is really fine and silky-soft; so she is not going to be a shedder, and she has those light golden eyes that chocolate colored dogs often have.
    I posted a picture in the journal thread; but here is another one where you can see her labradoodle face better.

IMG_5166.jpeg

8. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Poodle looks like he's thinking, "What the hell is that thing and what's it doing on my couch?!?!?"

9. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Reminds me of a Weimaraner or however it is spelled. With the whites of his eyes like that you can see where he's looking. A definite plus. My gelding had eyes like that.

Jake Smith and Yvonne Smith like this.
  10. Yvonne Smith

Having the white sclera of the eyes showing is often an Appaloosa characteristic, was your gelding part Appy, @Mary Stetler ? The eyes are similar to a Weimaraner , which is kind of a silver chocolate/liver color, so that is probably why it has the same gene.
    Some of the early Appys had pinto/paint in their background. My bay mare produced a gorgeous pinto filly from an Appy stud that didn’t show any pinto look at all, but it was somewhere in his background.
    Apparently, someone wanted to prove that the Appy would throw pinto, and they put my mare in with him and she got bred. This was back in the late 50’s and I was just a teenage kid, and had no idea my mare was bred until she started looking pregnant. The owner of the stallion said he had not done it, but then we heard that someone else had to prove his point, and he turned out to be correct.

This is me riding Tami in the local parade when I was in the Sheriff’s Posse drill team. I raised her from a foal and trained her myself.
    She shows no Appaloosa at all, and her sire showed no pinto markings; so it just came out in his offspring.

IMG_5169.jpeg

11. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Welllll, my Jurin is registered as a paint. QH background but I don't think Ap and they eyes are the only point he has in that area. He looks a bit like Cisco Kid's horse. Still can't make sense of doing pix. I could post them two computers ago but not today.
    I was excited to be invited up north for a visit. He still is the most wonderful guy (with a sense of humor). I told them when he three legged lame and pitiful I want him back. After all, I am one legged lame and pitiful. I figure we can hold each other up.;)

12. Yvonne Smith

Marco Poodle is SO cute when we get packages with dog food or treats ! He sniffs the box when Bobby brings it inside of the house and then jumps around and sniffs while Bobby is opening the box up so Poodle can see what is inside.
    Today , we got another box of the small Milkbone treats that both Poodle and Rusty love to eat, and Poodle was just excited when he smelled the box.
    Once Bobby opened it, I told Poodle that he could have one, and then he sniffed the different flavors and picked out the one that he wanted and happily ate it.
    Bobby took the box in the kitchen so I can put it away in the treat container, and he gave Rusty (that is Bobby’s dog) his Milkbone treat, too.

13. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

I just saw this post, Yvonne I thought your only dog was a poodle. He is a nice looking dog an I can see he is spoiled already,:p
    I just took Foxy and Leo on trail walk and they heard the dogs bark next property over and left me to die while they took off and hid, 'see Ya, wouldn't want to be ya'.
    All my other dogs would have never left me. Oh well at least they are cute and entertaining sometimes. Don't think they will ever be over their past abuses.

Mary Stetler and Jake Smith like this.