If Money Was No Object, Describe The House You Would Like To Live In

Discussion in 'Places I Have Lived' started by Ken Anderson, Oct 22, 2022.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

If you didn't have to worry about being able to afford it, describe the house you'd like to live in, as well as the setting.

Von Jones likes this.
  2. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

I always dreamt of living in a home overlooking the ocean , however since moving here 16.1/2 years ago.
    Most of the couples I’ve spoken to who now live near us 1/2 km away from the beach say they hated it on the beachfront after 6 months one reason was the winds despite the area being a bay it can and dose get very windy they said once they opened their door they would have to put their hip and shoulder to the door to close it due to the wind , and after a while they got sick of the look of just looking at the water.
    The homes along the beach are all built on a cliff .

Unless I win the $160 Million $$$ power ball next week then I could have a full time cleaner and have a slightly large design of the home where we live now other then that
    I’d be just as happy to live in the location with a couple of additions one being a room size walk in kitchen pantry
    and a larger laundry

Last edited: Oct 22, 2022
  3. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Hubby's house (I call it that because we lived in a nice little ranch house) and when he inherited some money, he wanted 'a house that showed his life was worth something'. No discussion. It is big. But we don't have the money to afford a maid nor does he want one. It is starting to show what a lick and a prayer cleaning does. Should be re-decorated, painted, cleaned...We've been here over 20 years.
    I bought my little farm. It already is my heaven on earth. I need to replace some trees occassionally, I might have to start harvesting the duck weed on the pond for chicken feed someday. But I love it. I would live in the barn house and may someday.

4. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

Something with a wide wraparound porch overlooking either a large lake or ocean.

5. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

2/bedroom-2/bath Ranch house (one level) next to a nice lake, with a dock/lift for our boat.

6. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Pretty much what I came here to say. I would like a gym, a workshop, and someone to do housework, but other than that I'm fine with what I've got and where I'm at.

7. Teresa Levitt

Teresa Levitt Veteran Member
    Registered

in a cabin..in the hills...around the other hillbillies

8. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Mary I wish we could grow duckweed here, but its just too hot. We tried it and failed. We used to have a pond beside the porch, but the koi and goldfish were given away.

9. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

I sure loved the hills and lakes of my childhood but now like the water in rivers and ocean. Still like large lakes. If cities were like they use to be I'd like to visit one now and then. Like the 60s song by Petula Clark' Downtown'.

10. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

I saw my ideal house years ago..It's on a cliff 100 or so feet about the ocean with a stair way to beach..The house is an old farm type house with a wrap around porch......It would have two stories for when family visited but everything would be setup for one level living.

11. Teresa Levitt

Teresa Levitt Veteran Member
    Registered

yeah..sadly...those days are gone...

12. John Houlihan

John Houlihan Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I would like to live in a house called "Fallingwater", located in the hills of Southwestern Pennsylvania, about 90 minutes from Pittsburg. It was designed by Frank Lloyd Wright. The house has a total square footage of 9300 sf with two outdoor terrances overlooking the water. Attached is an image of what it looks like:

Falling Water.png

Last edited: Oct 23, 2022
  13. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Like John B. and Kate, I have no desire to move anywhere; I'm happy right here. I do wish this house had a bedroom and full bath downstairs and a large walk-in pantry in the kitchen, but other than that I'll just visit some scenic places and be happy to return home.

I certainly don't want anything larger and I'm considering hiring a maid service to do stuff (like baseboards) that I don't want to deal with anymore.

Von Jones and Lois Winters like this.
  14. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

While I love that house and it's marriage with nature, it's a bit over the top for my tastes. I'm more conservative, but love the space.

John Houlihan and Beth Gallagher like this.
  15. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

if it was just me, observe my avatar.

I’m sure if Yvonne had her druthers, it might be somewhere in Hawaii but alas, I think at this stage in our lives, we’re pretty much okay where we are.
    I know in the past I have shown some pictures of a couple of old two and three story victorian style homes that look haunted but just need some love but Yvonne doesn’t do stairs and we don’t need that much room.

Lois Winters likes this.