In Memory Of My Sister Betsy

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Babs Hunt, Aug 29, 2021.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

FB_IMG_1603144849070.jpg FullSizeR_2.jpg On Friday, August 27, 2021 at 1:50pm my sister Betsy who was 63 years old departed from her earthly home and now resides in Heaven her eternal home. It has been a shock to all of us that Betsy is no longer here with us...not one of us siblings ever thought she would be the first one of us to meet our Lord or get to hug our Moma first. I can't write anymore right now...but I will as soon as I can. Please pray for our family... we're going to miss her earthly presence so much!

Al Amoling likes this.
  2. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

So sorry Babs for you and your family.

3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I am sad for your loss, @Babs Hunt , and sending you prayers for you and your family, and a special HUG for you, my friend .
    I remember that you had talked about one of your sisters who was sick; is this the one, or a different one ? From your post, it sounds like this was an unexpected loss.

4. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

So sorry for your loss, Babs.

5. Mary Robi

Mary Robi Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my sister three years ago to the day. There is no one like your sister.....

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  6. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Betsy is one of my sisters that I talked about who had health problems. All five of my sisters are having health problems now that they are getting older but Betsy was the third to the youngest out of nine siblings...and to me she was like the Energizer Bunny... always going...never stopping. Betsy was also the one who had the knee replacement and then got a staph infection and had to have the knee replacement taken out and then spent weeks in the Hospital in IV antibiotics, etc. The Doctors finally got that problem fixed...but that really was when things took a turn for the worse for her health wise. She had 5 Autoimmune diseases and just seemed to not be able to fight off anything anymore. She was in and out of the Hospital these last six months yet none of us realized how serious her health was because she would get out of the Hospital and keep right on going. She got a bite on her abdomen and ended up with a staph infection that covered most of her upper torso. They Doctors put her on oral antibiotics for 3 weeks, when that didn't work they put her back in the Hospital and ran the antibiotics through an IV for another couple of weeks and then sent her home. She went up to visit my sister for a week in Georgia...made it 5 days and came back home because she wasn't feeling good and it looked like the infection from the bite was coming back again. She went back to her Doctor and the Doctor did more IV antibiotics in her Office every couple of days. Then on August 1st Betsy went to my oldest sister's 75th Birthday party held in Fort Walton Beach, FL. where Betsy lived. Four days later Betsy was back in the Hospital fighting the staph infection and COVID. And Betsy also ended up with a preferred bowel which they needed to operate on, but she was to sick to have the operation. Four of my siblings and one BIL caught COViD while at the Party. Two of my sisters ended up in the Hospital. Only one came home. Betsy's immune system had nothing left to fight with and after 22 more days in the Hospital...God took her Home with Him and she was ready to go. And although we know she is in Heaven and we will see her again...no one was allowed to go see her in the Hospital until she was on Life Support and basically gone already. So most of us are in shock and are having a hard time believing this is real.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2021
  7. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

So sorry to hear of your loss, @Babs Hunt. You can count on your faith to pull you though this.

8. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

jeremiah-29-11.jpg I didn't go to the Party. The rest of my siblings and BIL are all recovering from COVID. It will take a lot longer to recover from the loss of our sister Betsy. But God is comforting and bringing His peace to each of us as He walks with us through our season of grief. We thank Him for the 63 years He blessed us with our beautiful and loving sister Betsy!

Last edited: Aug 29, 2021
    Yvonne Smith and Don Alaska like this.
  9. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Sorry for your loss and I know how bad it can be to lose a sibling I lost 2 brothers so far.
    After years have passed we can now talk about them and laugh and smile instead of hurt.Good memories will come but I know you can't imagine that now.

10. Jim Brown

Jim Brown Well-Known Member
    Registered

So sorry for your loss Babs.

11. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

So sorry, Babs.

12. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I think one of the reasons I personally am shocked is because I really thought I would be the first of us siblings to die first. In all honesty I am pretty sure most of my siblings thought that too. One of my BIL's is on Hospice too...so it just seemed either one of us would have departed this earth before any of the others. Yet things did not happen this way and so we all are grieving a sister and a friend who was so loving, so giving, and so there for us all when we needed...that we will deeply miss her presence in each of our lives...now and forever.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  13. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

It's hard to believe tomorrow will be two months since my sister Betsy left this earth. I haven't shared this part with y'all because so many of you don't believe in Heaven or Hell. But my God let me see Him take my sister to Heaven and I will never forget this. I was sitting up in my bed a day or two before she was taken off the ventilator and pronounced dead. I was wide awake and all of a sudden before my wide open eyes appeared a vision of God with my sister enfolded in His Wings...and they were headed up through the bluest sky... God's face was glowing so bright I could not make out His facial features...but I knew it was Him right away. And Betsy had some heavenly glow to her face also but her features were clear to see. The vision couldn't have lasted more than a couple of minutes and then it was gone but imprinted in my mind forever. When Betsy entered the hospital I had prayed God would enfold her in His wings and minister unto her all she needed. I believe that vision showed God not only taking my sister to Heaven but also let me know He never stopped enfolding her in His Wings since the moment I prayed that prayer.

14. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

That is beautiful Babs.