It Took About 50 Yrs To Rid Myself Of Tapes On God Etc

Discussion in 'Atheism & Antitheism' started by Joy Martin, Apr 22, 2022.

1. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

So so so many struggle and want to believe and it only took me about 60 yrs to erase all the years of brainwashing and religion and mom ... dad was silent all his life in our house, but confessed to me on his deathbed, He Never Believed...

Jenna Parnellson likes this.
  2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Believe or don't, and allow others the same privilege.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  3. Joy Martin

Registered

Absolutely, I'm not disallowing anyone from believing what they believe. I was there for many years. My daughter and her kids have to do their searching too. They were not raised religious per se, not by me, but their father's side of family and he's gone so none of his influence anymore.

And as I said in my opening:

So so so many struggle and want to believe and it only took me about 60 yrs to erase all the years of brainwashing and religion and mom ... dad was silent all his life in our house, but confessed to me on his deathbed, He Never Believed...Dad would have been crucified if he ever spoke his beliefs...

Last edited: Apr 22, 2022
  4. Joy Martin

Registered

Was born into catholic religion and until my mid 30's or so believed....then a major issue
    took place in my life and I started to question it all. Meeting many along the way to new
    new beliefs, some former deep belivers and even a former catholic priest, I was able to
    shed the original tapes. Plus my dad on his death bed at 95 said "he never believed"...it was mom and mostly her side of family. His family as I saw it back then didn't seem to believe much
    at all.

So now at 84 soon I have come in contact with Frank Sontag and love love love what he has to say about
    today's life, Covid, EV's, politics, pharma drugs and he is heavily into a Ministry for Men in trouble etc...he
    was in a bad way years ago....that is OK if bringing god to them gets them better.

So I'm not really questioning myself but thinking if there is a Good God, I see that God more and more
    as a Bad God, so so much misery in the world and why would a Good God let it all go on?

My neighbor is a born again and good grief, I see her as a mess....And she said to me years ago "you will burn if you don't believe" and she emphasizes believe strongly.... She and I have not talked in months, I never see her come out of her apt.

I'm venting and thanks for reading.... maybe some comments here...

Jenna Parnellson likes this.
  5. Joy Martin

Registered

6. Teresa Levitt

Teresa Levitt Veteran Member
    Registered

God Bless You....your name is right...you give joy!

7. Teresa Levitt

Teresa Levitt Veteran Member
    Registered

you're just a doll for being so open ....
    we can only look at ourselves when we examine our relationship with Christ...God...Holy Spirit...
    that's all ....much love:)

John Brunner likes this.
  8. Jeff Elohim

Jeff Elohim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

The teachings and doctrines people grew up with for generations and longer have been corrupt more and deeper and longer than almost anyone would guess, mostly coming not from Bible, nor from God's Word, but from babylon. Even if it takes 50 years, or more, it is good to get rid of the bad teachings daily.

9. Jeff Elohim

Registered

Billions were led astray/ deviated, since the first few centuries. It seems power and control and idolatry is too popular and used so much, this commandment was , um, 'changed' by man ...

see the original.

Commandment stated EXODUS 20:4-6 "You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them.

Marie Mallery and Teresa Levitt like this.
  10. Joy Martin

Registered

More needed to be knocked up with some good strong religion or jail time or both, I guess enough find some religion while in prison.

A big contributor to all the damage in the world is when tv first hit the scenes.....I've been
    saying this for decades and yes some tv is good and some is horrid and all the stupid mindless videos and games the children are being brainwashed with.

11. Jeff Elohim

Registered

Religion worldwide and usa has been devastation for multitudes, billions of souls.

Be becoming free, free from lies, free from religion, free from man's institutions -

Trust the Creator, Turn to Him for Truth,
    As Jesus Says "His Kingdom Is Now" at hand. (or has the time past, and no one 'new' can get in - is it too late ? ) ?

If not too late, turn to Him at once, for His Truth and Mercy and Healing/Salvation and Eternal Life,
    separate from all religion of man on earth.

Teresa Levitt likes this.
  12. Daniel B Cooper

Daniel B Cooper Well-Known Member
    Registered

I TRY to live by a few moral guides that I hope will never change. My stance on other "lesser important ?" issues have mellowed over time. If you haven't hurt a child or kicked a puppy, then we could probably have coffee together :)

Shirley Martin and Teresa Levitt like this.
  13. Joy Martin

Registered

14. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

This is the kind of thing that turns me away from organized religion. I cannot abide being threatened with eternal damnation; it just irritates me.

John Houlihan likes this.
  15. Jeff Elohim

Registered

"Be becoming free, free from lies, free from religion, free from man's institutions -

Trust the Creator, Turn to Him for Truth,
    As Jesus Says "His Kingdom Is Now" at hand. (or has the time past, and no one 'new' can get in - is it too late ? ) ?

"How is all this achieved? Not to be breathing." "

Who except the Almighty is Able to Save ? Only He is Able.
    We rely on Him, not even on ourselves, and especially no other mere human.