It's Only My Hand To Me

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Richard Paradon, Mar 20, 2015.

1. Richard Paradon

Richard Paradon Supreme Member
    Registered

(Before I start, if you want a good camera challenge, try taking a picture of your hand)

[​IMG]

Last night I met a lady and her husband who were visiting here for a week or so. We quickly became friends and while her husband was chatting with some of the guys, she and I had a long discourse on spiritual things. It was not long before I realized that this lady knew a lot more than me but she was an excellent teacher. They were about to leave and her husband asked her to give me a quick palm reading.

For about five or ten minutes I was spellbound. Not only did she read my palms, but explained in detail what she was seeing. Among other things, she told me that I had two children but am at odds with one of them. Everybody in my family lives until they are in their nineties, She even told me things that I experienced when I was a young man. What really was amazing was that nothing she said was in "general terms" but actual events of my history. When they did leave, she quickly turned to me and said , "You know we will meet again!"

Terry Page and Yvonne Smith like this.
  2. Mal Campbell

Mal Campbell Supreme Member
    Registered

My mother-in-law has a similar story. She had an aunt who everyone described as being "queer" (in old country terms, that means really strange with unusual "abilities"). Anyway, she read my MIL's palm and told her she would meet a man who would take her out of state, which for a country girl was quite unusual. That she would have four children, each of the same sex, and the while giving birth to her 4th child she would meet God, but live to tell about it.

Sure enough, a few years later she did meet her husband, who soon thereafter was given a job out of state. She had 4 boys, and with the last one, she almost died and had an out-of-body experience, in which she swears she met Jesus who was with her brother and father (both deceased).

Like you said, her aunt told her these things in clear English, not in some nebulous way that could be interrupted to mean anything. There are so many stories of things like this happening, that I can't dismiss them - although I'm still not convinced that I believe in the supernatural.

Terry Page and Richard Paradon like this.
  3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I have kind of that sort of story, except this happened with my horse. When I was at the state fair , there was a lady there who said that she gave "readings" for animals. I had a horse that had a really quirky personality, so I asked her to come out and have a "chat" with my horse. We actually had two horses at the time, both peruvian paso horses, and Isadora, my husband's horse, had the sweetest disposition ever. Both horses had come from the same owner; so it was not clear why the distinct difference in personality.
    After the Horse Reader talked with my horse, Babylonia, she explained about some personality conflicts with the previous owners, and that this is what caused the attitude problems.
    Then she said that she had also spoken with Isadora, and Izzy had told her that she didn't want to ever have any babies because "she didn't feel right inside".
    A year or so later, we moved from Washington State to Missouri, and had to sell the horses. The man who bought them later told us that he had bred Izzy to his stallion, and she died when foaling. They saved the foal, and had to bottle-feed him; but the vet was not able to keep Izzy alive.
    After that, i always wondered if maybe the lady who said she talked with Izzy really had learned something from her; because it was obviously correct.

4. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

I like to hear about these experiences. I've never been to a palm reader on my own accord but I did have a weird encounter with some 'gypsy' like people. I didn't know that they were until...

I was almost nineteen and was waiting outside of the apartment duplex that I was interested in renting. It was getting late and getting dark so I sat outside on the steps. I heard the door to the downstairs apartment open and a soft voice in another language so I turned to look and a hand signaled me to come. I thought it was nice of her to welcome me in but the moment I stepped through the door I wanted to turn around and go back outside but the door had closed.

There were sheer hangings throughout the room and immediately I could feel something change inside of me. I felt it and it was strong but not fearful. She was dressed like in some of the movies I had seen which kind of made me curious. She then led me into another room and offered me a seat and sat down beside me. I then realized what she was a gypsy. I was tickled inside. Me? with a real gypsy?

She took my hand and began to talk about me, me? She told me things that had happened to me that no one knew but me. My heart was racing then and I thought I don't have any money for this but before I could say anything she abruptly stopped. Could she have read my mined? A brief silence and this was my cue to excuse myself and leave. I did give her five dollars though only because I really couldn't leave without giving her something. The spell lifted when the air hit my face.

I continued to wait until the landlord came and she asked if the tenants downstairs had bothered me for money. I said no then she preceded to tell me her thoughts about them - not kind words. Anyway I moved in the next day and was really eager to meet with my new neighbors downstairs.

I always wondered what made her stop abruptly as she did and wanted to find out. After getting settled I went downstairs and saw that the apartment was empty. I have been tempted to have my palm read to this day.

5. Richard Paradon

Registered

Sometimes if we have an open mind, Von, many things come to us and if we are wise, we will at least think about them. Some people call them "gut feelings" or messages from their spiritual guide.

Terry Page and Von Jones like this.
  6. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

@Richard Paradon After that day I became more aware of things around me spiritually, I think. The feeling that I had experienced I believe awakened something deep inside that I can not explain in a way for anyone to understand. I have guarded it as well like a secret never to be told... until now.

7. Richard Paradon

Registered

I am happy that you felt comfortable in speaking about that event, Von. As far as having your palms read, if it is to happen, it will happen, but not by a "Madam Lucille", "Palms Read $25" shop front! (My apologies to any Madam Lucille here on our forum!)

Terry Page and Von Jones like this.
  8. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

I found this an interesting thread, it brought up lots of memories of my experiences some 30 or more years ago in the early '80s when I went to a weekend hand reading course. I had my palms read which turned out to give a pretty accurate reading of my life, though I was very sceptical.
    A part of the weekend was devoted to Kirlian photography which I had never heard of, but supposedly shows energy patterns around your body and various objects. We all had our hands photographed and analysed, mine evidently showing strong healing patterns. The leader of a local spiritual healing group approached me and invited me to join as a healer, which though again very sceptical about the whole thing, I did. During the following two years I trained as a healer with the NFSH and qualified as a healer.

For a few years afterwards I attended several clinic sessions a week at the local group, and I seemed to be particularly effective at healing terminally ill people into death, which I felt privileged to do, meeting many people of all ages during this time.

As time passed my logical scientific mind rubbished the whole thing and I moved on into a more material logic based life, and thought no more about it.
    During the past few years it has cropped up again as Lisa noticed when I put my hand on a particularly painful area of her lower back or shoulder, the pain disappeared within minutes, and didn't return for several weeks or months, I have also been able to relieve pain in Catherine my younger daughter's shoulder.
    I am still very sceptical and put it down to the placebo effect, but I keep an open mind on all these matters, for who knows what we may discover in the future. I do feel there is some kind of connection between all of us and the universe for that matter.

9. Jeff Elohim

Jeff Elohim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

It is not so unusual for someone to hear a spirit. Usually a demonic spirit. Once in a while God speaks in someone's spirit and they 'know' it, or they ignore Him. Talking to the dead, or to animals, is always a demon or an illusion, both a lot more common than most people realize.

10. Jeff Elohim

Jeff Elohim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

The electric circuits throughout all the body and brain have been extensively studied, analyzed and mapped, and a lot has to do with frequency. When someone moved by God touches someone, or prays for them, even when they are on the other side of the world, thousands of miles away, the healing can happen. It is God's doing.

The enemy of life, the prince of the power of the air that controls all those in society, also "heals" many, but it is by deception - not a true healing, and aims at getting greater power over them and over others to bring them to destruction.
    When a missionary from a Methodist church was in the country of China about 20 years ago,
    they noted that people who had been dead even for a week , in the morgue/ hospital,
    were raised from the dead "routinely" (no one there was surprised, just very happy or relieved .

Not a big percentage of the dead were raised back, no, but every week or so one or more were.

It was reported that more were raised back from the dead by the wicked than by the Christians. This was presumably because the wicked were so much more numerous than the Christians, not that they had more power to raise the dead.

11. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Interesting thread; at least most of it. My father was not a "healer" per se, but he was a Wart Whisperer. :rolleyes: He had the power to remove warts by some mumbo-jumbo, or so it was said.

My mother was the queen of Old Wives' Tales, which is fodder for another thread.

John Brunner and Yvonne Smith like this.