June Is Pride Month?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Mary Stetler, Jun 28, 2021.

1. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

I just got my electric bill and in it was tucked one of their little notice pamphlets. One of the articles was on their support of LGBTQ (?) non profit organizations. One of my daughters friends is a legitimate hermaphrodite. The mental suffering she's endured over the years has been unimaginable. But I don't understand the hoopla over all the 'sexes'. It is one of the things that has become bigger and more distracting than necessary.
    Heterosexuals had their problems finding each other. Guys and gals have been shot down trying to hook up.
    The other groups have a right to live and find love but I don't want my tax dollars or electric dollars pushing their cause.
    Look at BLM! Listen to Branden Tatum (officer Tatum) about them!
    Waaaaaaayyyy to much money, shouting and distraction from day to day life.
    OK. I am done now. Must have coffee and stop thinking.

2. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

For different reasons, we do not support LGBTQ community. However, years ago, I did work for a couple of weeks, for a very nice lesbian couple at their equestrian center. I never once seen them hug, kiss, hold hands or anything like that, which was fine with me. At my last job, there was a company driver that was a lesbian. To a point, she really looked like a lesbian/male.

We think the LGBTQ community pushes way to hard to have people accept them. The harder they push, the less we like.

3. Hoot Crawford

Hoot Crawford Veteran Member
    Registered

As I have commented on here before, I fully support the LGBTQ community efforts to be treated with respect. A few years ago I was officially the "Best Person" at my nieces wedding to her female friend. Do some folks in that group go a little overboard? Sure, but what group doesn't have a few out there on the edge?

4. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

I support that all people should be treated fairly and respectfully. I have recently became irritated that the gay community crap is everywhere and shoved down our throats just like the BLM along with any and all medicine and commercials .. the You may have this crap.
    LOLO I can think of way too much to say here.. so will stop. :D P. S. Losing the Rainbow joy- just does not look the same anymore.

5. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm sick of ALL of it being shoved down my throat, everywhere I look. The more this type of crap is promoted, the more divided the country will be.

And do not get me started on the MEN competing in WOMEN's EVENTS in the damn Olympics. Such a freakin' farce. And that black idiot turning her back on the American flag and anthem during the trials... leave her ass at home, period. Represent the USA or GTFO, moron.

6. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

OK So how can we get a movement of respect for all. I responded with ALL lives matter when BLM started and everyone came down on me that I said this to. I said I'd rather black people went to Urbancare for support and was pooh poohed. UC showed solutions that people could accomplish themselves without the government
    The people who are mad that their people were kept as slaves were not slaves themselves. There are many more people in this country who have been wronged at some time during their actual lifetime. No matter what the color we are, can't we come up with a great slogan to put forth and fight for respect for all, march in the streets against bullyiing in schools and in the workplace, fight for a UNITED STATES?
    Anyone here in marketing????

7. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I am against repression. That does not mean "celebrating."

America = Negative Rights (meaning you are left alone to live as you please.) Everybody gets to live their lives. If you need my approval, your problems lie within.
    We don't need marketing, we just need to ignore the dividers. There are way more of us than there are of them.

WE are reality.
    They are divisive B.S.

8. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I believe that's the goal.

9. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Remember an era when the hit song was “We Are The World” and Coca Cola’s most effective ad was all about unity?
    Gone.
    It’s all about agendas and causes and how many people who are going to cow tow to them. Totally divisive, totally planned and apparently totally successful.

10. D'Ellyn Dottir

D'Ellyn Dottir Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I feel the same about a lot of political propaganda, disinformation, and proselytizing, especially in social media.

Yvonne Smith and Beth Gallagher like this.
  11. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Remove her from the team and strip her of all benefits, support, and charge her with disrespecting the American people.

12. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

I am still disgusted that many years ago in order to force others into accepting their agendas they stole words like gay meaning happy and pride inferring that heterosexual folks aren't happy and proud and lesser humans. I am with Beth and tired of every TV show, every ad, including homosexuals as if they were 50% of the population and now I walk past a youth clothing store in the shopping center and they have a new T-shirt with rainbow colors saying, "Let's get this straight, I am not" on display in the window. It is OK for boys to wear this to school, but a T-shirt saying, "Heterosexual and proud of it," is considered hate speech and criminal. They are pushing hard to have their cake and eat it too.

13. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

The problem doing that is the American Olympic Committee allows such things claiming that it is a 1st Amendment Right.
    That said, if she tries the same thing on the world stage, the International Olympic Committee has stated that any political statements of any kind will not be tolerated.
    If she does compete in the International Olympics and perchance places and then decides to put on a show then she’ll be stripped of the medal and barred from competing again which is perhaps what she probably wants.

Again, it’s all about money and nothing more. In 2016 when she competed she had the American Flag wrapped around her. All she wants now is to be as famous and rich as Kaepernick.

14. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

As Bobby said, she's already got what she wanted... notoriety. Now she's a BFD to the protest movement and will likely get a high-dollar contract with Nike or some other "woke" BS company that I will no longer support.

15. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Woke, now there is another word that has been misused to promote an agenda.