Keto Fat Bombs, Are The Bomb!

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by Denise Evans, Nov 26, 2021.

1. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

Hey, anyone on Keto, or interested, I made my first fat-bombs today! @Don Alaska you might want this recipe! These are so easy, and delicious! Of course you have to be ok with something besides sugar, and I used just under a quarter tsp of Stevia powder in these. If interested I'll give you the recipe, oh shoot, I'll just put the ingredient below.

1/4 C Coconut Oil
    1/4 C Sunflower Seed Butter
    3 Tbsp Cacao Powder
    2 Tbsp Brazil nuts (I didn't have those so I used Walnuts, see video below on the nutrition in Brazil Nuts and other ingredients)
    2 C soaked Chia Seeds

Drop Tsp scoops, small ice-cream scoop works good.

Here's how they come out, my pic:

IMG_20211126_173047574.jpg

2. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Looks like you made a pan cookie out of them rather than dropping them. I did try your other recipe and it turned out okay, but it didn't use enough stevia. I put butter and sugar on them after heating in the toaster or microwave and they were great.

3. Denise Evans

Registered

At first I thought I didn't put enough (to my taste) of stevia in mine Don ;) I realized I had bought a different brand of cream-cheese though, that wasn't my Philadelphia. I went and bought more of that, and the combo of my bread and cream-cheese makes it just right for me. I don't measure the stevia though, so I wasn't sure about how much of that I use. I'm glad you got the right amount of sweetner for yours ;)

The first fat-bomb I ate was the day after I made them and I sort of said, hmm, not sure I like these. I felt I needed more stevia in those. But next day I ate another, and liked it, maybe acquired taste since the new things in it I wasn't used to eating. It's been an interesting journey discovering what it's like without heavy carbs, and sweets in my diet. I've acquired a lot of tastes I thought I would NEVER like, but not everyone feels it's necessary to take the road I have.

I have a new recipe, 2 actually, that I want to try next, baking powder biscuits, and bread that toasts great!

Marie Mallery likes this.
  4. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Stevia is easy to grow. We don't eat much bread but do like biscuits now and then,maybe a couple times a month.

Denise Evans likes this.
  5. Denise Evans

Registered

These are the trays I found at Grocery Outlet for 2.99 and they work great for "no bake" candies, or Fat-bombs. The little, blue part is real flexible, and you just press that part and the FBs came right out, no spray etc. ;)

perfect fat bomb trays.jpg

6. Marie Mallery

Registered

Those are neat Denise.

Denise Evans likes this.
  7. Denise Evans

Registered

Oh cool Marie! @Don Alaska does the same thing, grows his own plants!! I had never used it for baking, this was the first, but I use it daily in my 2 cups of chicory-root with a third of those cups real coffee ;) I used a teenie scoop full and the scoop is a 16th of a tsp, so a little stevia goes a long way as you know I'm sure ;)

Don Alaska likes this.
  8. Denise Evans

Registered

Yes, I get pretty lucky at Grocery Outlet if I get there at the right time @Marie Mallery Some things are almost always there (brands) but when they weren't able to get them, I get real sad, LOL!!

sad baby funny.jpg

9. Denise Evans

Registered

Oh I just saw your new Avatar Marie! What a great pic, are those Red Labs? I so love those dogs, my nephew has one and her name is Bella!

10. Marie Mallery

Registered

Thank you .No they are Aussie lab mix. One 'Becky'had all Australian Shepard esxcpet she was brownish red.Her sister 'Molly' has the short hair big face like the lab,The mother was multicolored like most Aussies.

Denise Evans likes this.
  11. Denise Evans

Registered

I've always had the mix-breeds ;) I would love to have a big enough place (they don't allow over 25 lbs here) to have another dog with Mimmie (short for Purple Mimosa Flower).

So getting back on the "Keto/low-carb" track, since I got us off it, :) I'll put another video of my fave, baked chicken thighs. I love this little gal, she cooks like I do, heck with all the "perfect, don't get your hands in there" lol! The only thing I have used, because I keep forgetting to buy it, is the Basil (I am still learning to do seasonings, becoming much more domestic):

Jenna Parnellson likes this.