Learning How To Fly?

Discussion in 'Travel & Vacation' started by Mary Stetler, Apr 12, 2022.

1. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

A couple of years ago, I was going to fly out to see my daughter and needed a real ID. When I found the Priest who married me to my first hubby forgot to file the marriage, I had to jump through hoops to complete the paper trail so I could get the ID which we don't need now until May 2023.o_O
    Then covid came. I got one-and-done shot so I could visit daughter in hospital. Now I am still down 3 shots. Do I need them to fly? Masks? tests????
    I tried looking up what to do. I am still not sure.
    I am thinking of hitch hiking.

2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Check with the airline that you intend to use for the trip, @Mary Stetler . The rules for everything seem to be different from place to place, and company to company at this point.
    When I flew out to Idaho with my daughter lat summer, I had to wear a mask , but nothing else was required. Then, I think that they were talking about requiring vaccines to fly, and definitely needed proof of vaccination for covid in order to fly internationally.
    Now, they are starting to lower some of the requirements again, and I think the airlines decide what they require for the most part.

Mary Stetler and Beth Gallagher like this.
  3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

That depends on the airline. I flew to Pennsylvania not so long ago, unvaccinated, although masks were required. If the mask bothers you, you can always eat and drink slowly during the flight. I pretended to be drinking coffee long after the cup was empty.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2022
    Mary Stetler likes this.