Long String Of Malware

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Thomas Stillhere, Apr 25, 2022.

1. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I was a regular on a once History of Base Ball forum out of Houston. The owner passed away about two years ago and his son closed the forum so it has been history for these two years or longer. This morning I checked one of my older email chains and there was an entire page of topics that I had posted on. I didn't roll off of a
    Turnip Truck yesterday and I just put all in spam without any thought of opening any. Probably just a silly web crawler that some lazy idiot tossed out to steal what ever he could. No doubts it probably came from EU. It is very rare to see online or email fraud originating from the US, frankly most of us are too stupid to attempt it. Most of us of working age are actually working to make a living and better our lives. They catch these people and do nothing. Since it was a word press site it is possible their end was hacked, as I said the site had been off line for a couple years so I don't see how it could be available to anyone even a web crawler.

Hedi Mitchell likes this.