Looking For Easy Quilt Designs

Discussion in 'Hobbies & Crafts' started by Charlene Marolf, Jul 5, 2021.

1. Charlene Marolf

Charlene Marolf Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I'm looking for easy quilt designs. As in super beginner designs. I'm trying to sew by hand piecing, and I'm so not good at it. Right now I'm just sewing random squares together. The look isn't too bad. It just seems silly, since it would be so much easier to use a machine. I'm sure I would have been done a long time ago if I would have used a machine. I like having something to do when I watch tv at night, so I'm kind of proud of it. I've given up several hobbies that I loved and this one doesn't seem to hurt my hand.

So, if anyone could help, or has advice or just wants to tell me experiences, I'd love to hear. Thanks a bunch.

Nancy Hart likes this.
  2. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

My mother used a machine to make the tops. I think the hard boring part is the actual quilting.

How about this?

[​IMG]

Do you have quilting frames? If not, another idea.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2021
    Charlene Marolf likes this.
  3. Charlene Marolf

Charlene Marolf Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Nancy, those are both nice ideas. I have had the idea of doing the tied tops. I think they would be so much easier! I'm the sewing does indeed go very fast sewn on a machine, and I've done some (for my sons) on a machine. I have a beautiful sampler in my craft closet. Lol I've been afraid to quilt it because I'm afraid I'll mess it up. I think it's been there about 20 years. Most of it was done on the machine, except blocks that had to be hand sewn, like a Dresden plate. I'm going to look at some lap quilting. We are taking a long driving vacation, and I would like a project to work on.