Magic Mushrooms Legal In Colorado

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Feb 23, 2023.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

A law passed that their use is now legal in Colorado, but not legal with Federal government.

Read an article this morning that stated many young moms are now use small quantities of magic mushrooms to get them through the day. Put a small quantity in hot coco, or whatever, drive to work, work and come home.

I don't know. In-between legal recreational marijuana and now legal magic mushrooms, I would think many in Colorado are always "high" in one way or another. With this, lots and lots of young folks are, and have been, moving to Colorado.

2. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

I am puzzled, Cody. What do you want to discuss? Can you give us some guidelines so we can respond and stay on topic? Is it OK for me to discuss magic mushrooms in the wild west ranch country of Oregon where the cattlewomen are rough and tough and the cattlemen are proud of it and white lighting is still the greatest thrill of all (my apologies for plagiarizing Merle) or is this thread only about Colorado and its recent legalization and the decline of the real Rocky Mountain High, native Mary Jane along the irrigation ditches, and bashing the young folks of that colorful state?

3. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

"Bashing the young folks of that colorful state", I wouldn't necessarily say that, but in a way........yes! IOW, those that would rather buy/smoke marijuana and buy/use magic mushrooms than pay rent or whatever.

Being that I was in EMS years ago, I know, first hand, what can happen with young folks smoking marijuana and now using mushrooms. And, here, yes Colorado, there is a major problem with meth and fentanyl use. People want a "Drug Free" America? Yea, right!

4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I was totally puzzled what could be discussed here as well, just like @Faye Fox . After reading both of Cody’s posts several times, it appears that the topic of this particular thread is about the use of housewives (young housewives) using psychedelic mushrooms and cannabis to stay high.

Maybe you could start a thread about the use of mushrooms (psychedelic and otherwise) for health and religious benefits in another thread in the health section, Faye, and then we could discuss some of the benefits and drawbacks of mushrooms without taking Cody’s thread about the Colorado moms off-topic ?

For those wondering about the Colorado mushrooms being made legal, here is a short news article about it, and it explains that many other places are also in the process of making these fungi legal to grow and use.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/data-graphics/magic-mushrooms-psilocybin-map-colorado-us-states-rcna55980

5. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

I have no experience with psychedelic fungi and very little with marijuana so no interest in starting a thread about it because I see limited medical benefits and no health benefits in magic mushrooms.

I know nothing about Colorado moms of today needing drugs, either legal or illegal in order to function. I can neither praise them or condemn them. Oregon made magic mushrooms legal a few years ago and I read nothing of our young housewives adding them to their coffee. Perhaps The Young Housewives of Colorado are trying to outdo The Young Housewives of Oregon with their wokeness. Not sure how many episodes or seasons these shows will have, but good luck to them. I had rather watch mutton-busting, kids with sober moms. :)

Last edited: Feb 23, 2023
  6. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

I would suggest that most of your posts belong in the Anyone Else Want To Rant thread, Cody. You can get this stuff off of your chest and people would not be confused, since there's no real topic. Anyone who wants to respond could do it there.

Beth Gallagher and Mary Robi like this.
  7. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Is this thread really THAT hard to understand??? Or, is it that some in this forum just don't care what people do/use? That is, unless a member of their family or a friend wound up in the ER for one reason or another of too much use of these two (magic mushrooms/marijuana? Or, they wound up in the ER from a traffic accident of someone using either.

This thread isn't discussing the health benefits of either, but about the dangers of both. Question is, just when does a state become "drug infested" with both legal and illegal drugs?

8. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Then, John, instead of someone complaining about "what is the topic", simple put the thread or "rant" where they think it should be. Simple (in my book anyway).

9. John Brunner

I got a bunch different topics from your initial post:

-State drug laws and Federal drug laws conflict.
    --What exposure do American citizens have, and is this fair?

-Young mothers are turning to drugs to get them through their day.
    --What is going on in their lives to make them reality-avoidant?

-The residents of Colorado are always high, and lax drug laws are attracting more young people.
    --Why do young people always need to be high?
    --What is there about Colorado lacking responsible adults?
    --Why do the young people of Colorado hate Seniors?

Honestly, I didn't see one thing in your original post that said anything about you now-stated topic of drugs & health. I still submit that this belongs in the Rants thread, because you just want to blow of steam about yet another thing people do that you do not like.

10. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Well, since it's pretty obvious that I'm not getting much, to any, backup for this thread, perhaps it's again time to sign-out and let everyone be. Heck, I probably won't get any back-up/understanding about the complaints we have with our new upstairs neighbor that I just posted on another thread.

11. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

One thing for sure, John, you don't live where we do, or in Colorado, so it would be hard for you to understand?

12. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Ok, now I have finally got you to tell us what you want to discuss. I have no idea when a state becomes drug-infested. I would guess all 50 were drug-infested many years ago. I won't presume to know why young housewives take drugs. Well, that ends this exciting discussion for me. :D:D:D

Mary Robi likes this.
  13. John Brunner

14. John Brunner

Yup.

And trust me, there are drugs "problems" everywhere.

Mary Robi likes this.
  15. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Gee, members here complain about Biden, the virus/vaccines and other things and get great/backup replies. But, when I do it, people basically complain about me, not about what I'm asking/discussing.