Mass Shooting

Discussion in 'Conspiracies & Paranormal' started by Martin Alonzo, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

They are using these as a reason to ban guns. I went into a store that sold guns and I waited and never seen one gun kill anyone. All these shooters all have been on prescription SSRI medication [anti depressants] It is funny that they have not interview one doctor who prescribed these medicines they seem to disappears like a cockroach when you put a light on them. If a bartender gave you to much to drink and you killed someone the bartender is also charged. Should this not also apply to a doctor. They should put the doctor in prison with the guilty party it would not take long before they would do something different.

Sheldon Scott and Ike Willis like this.
  2. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

Now you're talking my language. I've owned, shot, hunted with and collected guns since I was 11 years old. Ain't killed anyone yet. My granddaddy used to say, "Ike, never trust a lawyer, doctor or democrat, 'cause they'll rob and kill you." I used to laugh at that but, no more.

Martin Alonzo and Sheldon Scott like this.
  3. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

I wonder why mass shooting is getting to be in fashion. Not only there but there are also cases here although not really mass shooting. One is a husband who was drug-crazed that he got his 2 children hostage to get back his wife - sparked by jealousy. And when the wife refused to come home, he shot his children and then killed himself. Another is almost the same, shooting his wife and kids and then killing himself.

My question is this - where did the gun come from? Second question - what if there is no gun, will those killers still kill?

4. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

Read the news. In Israel, Palestinians attack Israeli's with knives and axes. There will always be guns, edged weapons, clubs, even bombs. It's a mental thing that needs to be addressed. Just doing what liberals love to do, and ban everything is no answer.

Corie Henson likes this.
  5. Martin Alonzo

Registered

In the twin towers 3,000 people were killed and they have not banned jet fuel. This gun thing is just to prevent you from protecting yourself.

Ike Willis and Yvonne Smith like this.
  6. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

A women in Oklahoma murdered 4 people and injured 47. I have yet to hear the president or any democrat calling for the ban of cars.

Ike Willis and Yvonne Smith like this.
  7. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Im not pro or anti gun. I dont have one but my husband had plenty. I think the problem is that mental people are getting their hands on them ...that is what has to be addressed.

I also believe that if someone ones to kill a bunch of people they can do it without guns...look at the Boston Marathon bombers...its not very difficult to make a homemade bomb and place it in a crowd. That actually scares me more than someone shooting me with a gun.

Dont ban guns...just make it more difficult for people with mental problems to get....maybe we need better and easier access to treatments for people suffering from mental illness.

Also, the person in the Aurora theater shooting could just have easily tossed a home made bomb into that theater....

Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
    Sheldon Scott likes this.
  8. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

In nearly all of the mass shootings over the past few years, some things have been in evidence.
    1. The shooter could be described as being liberal, when he has any observable political inclinations; and
    2. The shooter is on psychotropic drugs.
    Often the shooters are high school kids looking for their fifteen minutes of fame but, in those cases, they are nearly always also on psychotropic drugs.

9. Martin Alonzo

Registered

There is one thing more they all look for gun free zones.

10. Ken Anderson

True enough. There have been more than a few church shootings that no one has heard of because someone in the congregation was armed, and able to put a stop to it before it turned into a mass shooting incident. In at least one case, the pastor was armed and shot the shooter.

11. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

There is always something going on in the mass shootings...normal people don't do these type of things.

Drugs play a big part in that, so does mental illness, uncontrolled anger, etc.

12. Ken Anderson

The fact that the media dwells on such incidents for weeks on end has a lot to do with it, too. Crazy people who think they have nothing to live for decide to go out with a bang, assured that their picture will be on the front cover of every newspaper and they'll have a Wikipedia page.

13. Hannah Davis

Hannah Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

I do agree that we need to also do something about mental health in this country. I am not someone who says ban guns, but I do agree with stricter back ground checks. I also don't like the way the news media carries on about these incidents. I mean I too feel this fuels such incidents into happening, with these less than stable people getting it in their heads that they want their fifteen minutes of fame. Unfortunately that could be the case, it's one thing to report on a tragedy but for me it's another to keep dwelling on it all that does is make the culprits seem infamous.

Linda Binning and Ike Willis like this.
  14. Sacheen BrightEagle

Sacheen BrightEagle Veteran Member
    Registered

Excuse me, as a psychotherapist who primarily treats vets with PTSD, I assure you, all mass shooters are not set off by psychotropic drugs. There are a plethora of reasons why people resort to mowing down innocent people.

Mental illness is one, racism,

extreme political agendas, work related disaffection, domestic situations, are others. To suggest that antidepressants et alregularly set people off clearly indicates a lack of knowledge of the effects of said medications.

Time and time again, it has been illustrated that drugs such as alcohol are responsible for many violent actions. Frankly, at this point, the jury is still out as to the cause of this epidemic. Also, being a psychopath is no longer

considered to be mentally ill. Such persons are completely aware of the differences between right and wrong. Lacking empathy, they just don't care. They are aberrant, not crazy.

15. Ken Anderson

All cancers are not caused by smoking; still, it makes sense to avoid inhaling cigarette and cigar smoke. All rattlesnakes aren't out to get you; nevertheless, it's best to avoid them.

Don Alaska likes this.