Modi Wins A Third Term As Pm In India

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Don Alaska, Jun 5, 2024.

1. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

The world's largest democratic government has held elections. I guess they can still hold legit elections and, believe it or not, they can determine the winner as soon as the election is held, not days later after all the stuffed election boxes have been found. Modi has won a third term but reportedly has lost his majority in parliament, so he will rule via a coalition.

2. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

They have a parliamentary form of government, and although I know it will never happen, the U.S. would be better off having the same in my opinion with multiple parties. We have had over 200 hundred years where the parties have figured out a way to game the system.

3. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Well, the parliamentary system has its own problems. That is why the Founders decided against it. Ours is probably the more effective form, but it is also the more dangerous. That is why, when we install governments in other nations, we always put a parliamentary system--it is safer. Every Presidential form of government patterned after ours has been a dictatorship at some point in their history except ours, and we hare rapidly heading in that direction..."Banana Republic" type, with the judicial system and law enforcement used to keep the dictator in place. We can see it happening before our eyes. If we had kept the Constitutional safeguards in place, this wouldn't be happening, but Congress is lazy and the electorate has become stupid by design, so down we go.

Ed Wilson and John Brunner like this.