Most Americans In Red Or Blue States Want To Secede From Union

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Marie Mallery, Oct 1, 2021.

1. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

https://www.businessinsider.com/maj...eed:+businessinsider/sportspage+(Sports+Page)

A majority of people who voted for former President Donald Trump are in favor of breaking up the country, a new poll from the University of Virginia Center for Politics has found.

UVA surveyed 2,012 voters — half of whom voted for Trump, the other half for President Joe Biden – in late July in order to better understand the growing split between the Democratic and Republican Parties.

The results show a country at ideological war with it
    Some Republicans have floated proposals to secede from the union, including former Texas GOP chair Allen West. After the Supreme Court rejected a lawsuit spearheaded by the Texas attorney general aimed at overturning the 2020 presidential election results, West said that "perhaps law-abiding states should bond together and form a Union of states that will abide by the constitution."

2. Marie Mallery

Registered

How do we do that when most people want to be fed and bred by the tax payers like cattle? So we secede and still feed the majority who refuse to work?

3. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

In a number of states, particularly blue ones, the states are considering breaking apart or leaving one state and joining with another. Not since the Civil War have Americans been so divided.

4. Marie Mallery

Registered

Where is it in Sweden that has what they call canons where different political parties have their won area.?
    I don't see the dictators in power allowing us to secede though.

5. Marie Mallery

Registered

I don't see the blue states allowing the red working slaves to stop paying for their support though. Plus somebody has to be around to pay for all the murders,rapes and looters upkeep.

6. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I can see the possibility of states dividing; but I do not think that any will ever secede from the United States. In both Washington and Oregon, it is the west coast that is mostly liberal, and also where the main population is at; so people living in the eastern part of those states are controlled by the liberal west part. I think that there are other states where this is probably happening as well, and I remember reading that eastern Washington was talking about being part of Idaho.

All of the states get too many federal benefits to ever actually leave the Union and be able to survive on their own. They would be considered their own little country, and it would be hard for them to get even basic things like power and water if the secede from the US.

Bobby Cole and Don Alaska like this.
  7. Marie Mallery

Registered

I agree and its basically what I said. "Liberliam is a mental disorder" like Savage said.
    The only hope for it is for mothers to really want to stop burying their sons.When their relatives lives become more precious ro then their government sponsored Cartel Imported drugs.

8. Marie Mallery

Registered

Wonder where we will put these millions of illegals and " refugees" coming in and now that our medical field is crashing who will care for all their illnesses?
    Like most know secdeing it not posible.

9. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

When I think of secession I think of a block of states adjacent to each other like the Confederacy. Now as I think of possible states that would secede, they would be Texas, Georgia and maybe Florida. Wasn’t Texas once the Republic of Texas?

Seceded states wouldn't have to pay federal taxes so that revenue would stay in the state. Treaties could be set up between what was the U.S. and the states.

Wasn’t there talk of some Alaskans considering seceding? Sarah Palin’s husband was part of that movement as I recall.

10. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Yeah, there still is an Alaska Independence Party here. I don't recall Todd Palin being a part of it, but he might have been at one time. Once his wife became a national Republican figure, that affiliation would have been pushed to the background anyway. Oregon secession is the most interesting case. eastern and southern Oregon voted to secede from Oregon and unite with Idaho. Nobody knows exactly how that can be done. Joining another state would not affect Federal benefits such as Medicare and Social Security, military retirement and such like a real secession would. It would not even change the balance of power in Congress since the areas wanting to join Idaho already have Republican representatives and the number of senators would remain the same. All that would change are local and state control and laws...and taxes. The California and Colorado cases would involve creating new states and all that entails. That has not happened since West Virginia left Virginia. Texas has a secession movement, and New Hampshire is the home of the "Free States Movement" which wants states to obey the Constitution and nothing else. That has been made a precedent in the "sanctuary states/cities movement" and the legalization of cannabis despite Federal regulations. Also held as an example is the Amish, who only obey the Federal laws they agree with. They are exempt from military conscription and Social Security. I think they don't pay Medicare taxes either. Not sure about income taxes.

Ed Wilson likes this.
  11. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

A couple of thoughts:

#1: If our Republic and local control were respected, the conflict would be way less. As it is, the conflict is being intentionally created as power always gets concentrated and never devolved. The occupant of the White House should never exert much influence effect on our daily lives. Nor should Congress...or all these Federal agencies.

#2: Seceding by states would do little good in many cases. My state of Virginia has one party (Democrat) concentrated in densely populated areas while the rest (Republican) are scattered around. Democrats dominate roughly 5% of the square miles while the Republicans are scattered about the other 95% (roughly.) Many states are that way. So exactly how would that get implemented?

Here's a 2016 county-level electoral map of the Presidential election.

2016_presidential_election_by_county.png

There are darned few states where one party dominates, and--like Virginia--many that seem to be vast-majority Republican geographically are evenly split by population.

12. Bibbi Wright

Bibbi Wright Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

@Marie Mallery I believe you mean Switzerland.

13. Marie Mallery

Registered

Thats right I did mean Switzerland.:confused:

14. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't understand this thread title...??? So is this saying that most Americans in every state "want" to secede? I don't even believe that Trump voters want to.

And yes, Texas was a republic and would probably be the best candidate for secession. We even have our own power grid. :D

Yvonne Smith and Bobby Cole like this.
  15. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I do not know if any state can successfully secede but a little known fact is that Texas still has the legal ability to spit itself into 5 states.

Don Alaska and Marie Mallery like this.