Most Influential Person Or People In Your Life?

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Jun 23, 2021.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

My former Supervisor/Director of the Materials Dept. where I worked as a Materials Coordinator. It was a Heath Care Company. I learned a lot more, than I already knew, about Purchasing and Inventory Management. He had a Bachelors Degree in Business and certifications in Purchasing, Production Control and Inventory Management.

An old rodeo buddy of mine, who, back in 1988, after telling him my interest in being a saddle bronc rider like him, gave me a rope at his home, showed me how to form a loop, swing and deliver the loop. He watched me handle the rope he gave me and said "save your body and become a team roper. You are pretty darn good with a rope". So, that's exactly what I did.

The other person, and the very most important "influence" in my life, is my wife. Without a doubt!

2. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Family and best friend for almost 60 years.

3. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Most influential were my parents. They raised me right. :D

4. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

My parents for the basics:. "First, put yourself in someone else's shoes,". followed by "Do unto Others." .Simple. Easy to remember.

After that, a whole series of friends. Always only one at a time.

Looking back, I think I really lucked out on having good friends, even starting back in elementary school.

5. D'Ellyn Dottir

D'Ellyn Dottir Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Most influential people for me was a life long friend who has always seen the real me and has always been supportive of my wildest dreams, and another from later in life whose perspective on life, relationships, and spiritual practices has been life altaring -- and yes, I do mean to spell it that way.