My Omicron Prediction

Discussion in 'Viruses' started by Ed Wilson, Jan 13, 2022.

1. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

This new Omicron variant is said to be mild and not necessarily deadly if you catch it. It got me thinking that those are the same symptoms as if you had a reaction to a vaccine, so if you catch Omicron, will the antibodies it produces be the equivalent of a vaccine only better because it’s natural and your body made it which makes it specific to you? Will the pandemic end once everyone gets Omicron? I’ll take an uneducated guess and say maybe. Remember, you heard it here first.

Denise Evans and Don Alaska like this.
  2. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

It’s as good as Fauci’s predictions.

3. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

I wouldn't be supprised if we didn't get more variants which might suggest this pandemic might
    be around for a while.

4. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Oh, no doubt about it!! There’s too much money to be made before this thing is part of history.

5. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

You could be right.

6. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Time is always the most important factor, at some point the drug manufacturers will find one super vaccine that will wipe it out. It is not convenient or desirable to have so many bullets on the shelves of our drugstores, people just don't know what to take. If I were out in public daily working I probably would take a vaccine, however I am old and already on the mulch list so the mask will remain my main deterrence until a real answer is finally announced. Mankind better understand how serious some of this bio weapons BS really is, and you can bet that was exactly where it came from thanks to China. It didn't walk, crawl, fly or creep out of the forest.

Al Amoling, Bobby Cole and Ed Wilson like this.
  7. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

There are lots of people who believe this mild version will provide lots of folks immunity. But so many of us may have already caught this thing and not even known it. Headlines are full of "Record Number of Cases," but that was the intent of sending out all those tests. Record numbers of asymptomatic people are getting tested "just to see."

Regarding the source of this thing, I regret to say I believe our tax dollars funded it >NIH/NIAID>Fauci>China.

8. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

As I said before, I believe Omicron is the endemic form and that means the "pandemic" is over. The vaccinated folks may generate a few more variants as the vaccines so leaky, but I doubt there will be much to them unless China releases a fresh strain. The Chinese economy is in such a mess, I doubt they will take the chance though.

9. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Depending on which rabbit holes one wishes to explore, the next primary concern might be the things Bill Gates is keeping in his fridge.

10. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

They say the covid transmits through our nasal and mouth passages, I think a big belt of Wild Turkey very gently sloshed around for a few seconds in our mouth would kill it !!! Or maybe some 100 proof IW Harper. My Grandfather always bought 100 proof Old Crow and stayed pretty healthy. I seriously doubt this covid could survive in alcohol. Sometimes we have to get creative, such as in the Trenches of WWI and the Gas attacks. Even the livestock wore Mask !

Denise Evans likes this.
  11. Hugh Manely

Hugh Manely Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

rate of infection.png
    As you know, there is some indication that we may have passed the inflection point. (That is when the rate of increase of infections from the omicron virus is at its highest and now is beginning to decrease) since there are less people to catch it, where vertical scale is no. of infections and the hor. scale is time)

And this is what I've heard on the news in such places as England and Africa. If this is true, then we should see infections dropping off significantly in the near future.

12. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

I believe the whole thing is about money if we dig deep enough, uh, like to hell ;)

Ed Wilson and Bobby Cole like this.
  13. Denise Evans

Registered

You may have something there Thomas ;) and those that came before us for sure. I use a lot of what I call home-remedies, instead of taking a damn pill that makes me more sick than whatever I have an issue with. I guess I should be grateful I can't handle pills, none I've ever been prescribed. If there's a side-effect, I get it!

Bobby Cole and Thomas Stillhere like this.
  14. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

NEWS BREAK!
    One of the symptoms of Omicron might be….night sweats!

OMG! I’ve been fighting a chest cold for about 4 days now and (drum roll) I had night sweats one night and HAD to throw the covers off!!
    Maybe I should check into the ER and plead with the nurses to shoot me up with whatever the hospital is selling and maybe I’ll insist on a bed just in case I turn rabid or come up with one of those co-morbidity symptoms or excess toe jam!
    Oh, what to do? What to do?

False alarm. I just remembered that Yvonne had the heat blanket on. Nothing to see here. (sniff, snort, cough).

15. Denise Evans

Registered

Wow, you so dodged a bullet Bobby, I am so glad it was only the electric blankie Bobby, lmbo!! Since you were open about your"hot flash" I'll just say, I think I got that toe jam thing goin on :eek::( I'll let you know later, the ambulance is on the way!!

Bobby Cole and Don Alaska like this.