My Recent Online Purchases - What Were Yours?

Discussion in 'Shopping & Sales' started by Lon Tanner, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

2. John Brunner

John Brunner Veteran Member
    Registered

That's pretty cool.

Back in the 70s I worked at an animal shelter outside of DC. I got a puppy, then I got a kitten, then I had to quit.

Krystal Shay likes this.
  3. Krystal Shay

Krystal Shay Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

HAAA! :D That's why I don't volunteer at any animal shelters. They are all irresistible. I just contribute to the bake sales when they have them.

John Brunner and Beth Gallagher like this.
  4. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

The feral cats eat nearly half of it because my cats turn down much of what they get.

6. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

You feed them to well ..:) ..however when I had a silky terrier she’d pick up her plastic bowl …take it out to the lawn and watch the birds eat her food

John Brunner likes this.
  7. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I bought a new Mother Board to get my down computer up and running again. Prices are starting to drop finally and instead of using the same motherboard and cpu as the two new machines I built last year I have stepped up and gone with the newer chip set board the B550 for AMD and soon I will get the Processor a Ryzen 5 5600X, the other two machines last year were both Ryzen 5 3600. I still need to buy new RAM for the new system but on a good note I can use the RAM from one of my 3600s to get the new machine running and setup properly. I miss using that machine because it was the fastest I owned even with ten year old technology it was faster than the new machines. Prices still remain higher than when that system was new 10 years ago. Graphic card prices are dropping each day and hopefully one day no one will need a bank loan to buy a graphics card, beware of a used one because the bit coin crowd punished what they bought to use as miners. The card companies started to cater to the miners and released cards that had no video out since it wasn't needed, but they began to get hard to find and buying normal cards made it impossible for simple gamer and workstations to buy. Even today they are asking 3 times too much for the latest cards and the people who actually keep these card companies alive should let them sink a while and teach them a lesson. There is a lot of people out there really mad at these companies who made it hard for the real customers to buy good cards. I couldn't afford the best cards and bought AMD cards but they still cost me almost 800 for 3 identical cards. They do well for what I do so I'm happy