My Recent Online Purchases - What Were Yours?

Discussion in 'Shopping & Sales' started by Lon Tanner, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Still waiting on my Sandalwood perfume .. was due in May 1..comes from India I guess customs has it hold up

Faye Fox and Tony Page like this.
  2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Well, it's my own damn fault. I thought I was buying some cord similar to small gauge rope, and saw this picture on Amazon...

upload_2023-5-4_15-51-0.png

Figured that would fit the bill until it was delivered yesterday. It looks like a spool of sewing thread. GAH. Stupid millimeters. :mad:

3. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Waiting on my new battery powered shears that have a long handle for standup work. Scheduled to arrive any minute. It will be nice for cutting grass in places that the string weed eater is hard to control and I cannot bend over to cut with the hand held shears. The battery is the same as many of my other tools. I like getting things that make my life easier.

4. Leslie Carter

Leslie Carter Member
    Registered

just bought a dog sleeve here, for my dog who undergo a tplo surgery.

Tony Page likes this.
  5. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

I purchased two tablets one black one Gray from Amazon for my grandsons as a gift because they'll be receiving communion this month. The specs seem good I hope they work well.
    20230508_081324.jpg

6. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

I also purchased the sun Joe Electric lawn mower. I was looking for an inexpensive Cordless lawn mower, just to mow the patch of lawn that sticks out from the mobile home to the street.
    When I went to the sun Joe site I put a search in for a cordless mowers while searching Sun Joe switched and stuck in a corded mower that I didn't notice and I purchased it. When I received the mower and opened the box was I surprised to find no battery pack and the cord hanging from the mower it's my stupid mistake but I hate when sites do that you put in search what you're looking for and they keep changing to something you're not looking for. I don't have the patience or energy to ship it back so I will keep it, it will work I'll just have to deal with the extension cord.

20230508_084735.jpg

7. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Recently I was shopping for a small oscillating fan to use with my Aerogardens and had a similar experience. I "assumed" that the fans were corded electric but the one I ordered had a USB connector. What??? I returned it but it annoyed me.

Tony Page and Faye Fox like this.
  8. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I have been looking at the little plastic diffusers for use in making kefir, so you do not have to strain the kefir, you just keep the grains in the diffuser and can put it in a new jar and start over.
    While looking on Amazon, I found this one that is designed primarily for water and fruit drinks where you want to infuse the fruit or herb flavors into the water. It can work with out without the diffuser, and has two sizes of strainers as well. It even comes with a thermal sleeve so you can put the jar inside and keep your drink cold.
    I think that this should also work for making my kefir, so I can use the kit for both things. And, even better……. It has a 50% off coupon ! !

IMG_5107.jpeg

9. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

My drink diffuser arrived today, and i am really pleased with it ! There are two lids, both of which will fit on a wide mouth jar, and filters that can fit inside of the lids. So the filters would keep thinks like fruit or even ice cubes from coming out when you are drinking, and there is a flip top lid that is especially for drinking.
    The other lid I have set up with the little plastic basket to use for making kefir, and the kefir grains are in the basket, so i should not have to do any additional straining and can just pour out the kefir as i use it.
    The thermal carafe does not need a jar, and the lid will fit on it, so it will be perfect for hot Esther when i want a quart of something cold , like iced tea, and sip on it during the day.
    Bobby looked at it, and immediately ordered one for himself ! (It still has the half-price coupon, too)

Tony Page and Beth Gallagher like this.
  10. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

Loong story.. short version, sent wrong scent and it is dried up. Suppose to receive 5-1 sent to PO 5-6. Returning. Now have to have then okay to take back to a store as I do not have printer and Fed X is 200 miles away. Plus the whole thing is not even as big as a quarter.

Mary Stetler likes this.
  11. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

This for hubby it’s getting rather chilly at night here and he really feels the cold heated throw blanket
    Same colour/ this ….Dream maker brand had the best reviews
    IMG_4457.jpeg

Hedi Mitchell and Mary Stetler like this.
  12. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

looks like the one we bought... it is great ! Except ours is for the bed,queen size

13. Gena Martin

Gena Martin Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I decided to treat myself to my all time favourite body lotion.. .Chanel No5

My husband used to buy for me on birthdays etc., but then he became The EX so my daughter took over for a few years . However , as I aged she stopped and bought me 'sensible' gifts so I had to take over and buy for myself.
    It is very expensive and I don't buy every year but I did this year as I figure I am worth it [​IMG]

14. Kate Ellery

Registered

This one is a throw rug you put over your lap while sitting @Hedi Mitchell i seen in some descriptions not recommended for putting on a bed

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  15. Kate Ellery

Registered

A new iPad 9 for my young GS who’s going to be 10 in early June, I ordered it online for click and collect picked up today
    He’s the son of my eldest son who didn’t ever get married till 11 years ago ,son and his wife have 3 children aged 7, 8, 9
    I bought it from a chain store called office works they are excellent to deal with and will better an oppositions price by 5%
    Their price was $515 ….they actually matched a online store price of $440 then took more off it cost me $414.00
    I’ve bought all GC (6 GK In total) iPads they are great for their education IMO as any computer is but iPads are so good to take anywhere .

Attached Files:

Yvonne Smith and Mary Stetler like this.