My Recent Online Purchases - What Were Yours?

Discussion in 'Shopping & Sales' started by Lon Tanner, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

I purchased a bookmark design to sew “ in the hoop” so it’s completely make in the hoop of my 22 year old embroidery machine.

I’m a member of a forum that includes crafty / general chat/ cooking / sewing / knitting / preserving you name it …..…anyway we have a crafty type of swap ( voluntary ) a couple of times a year, this time it’s a bookmark swap hence my purchase.

The internet is a wonderful tool …the seller of the design is in East Coast of North Carolina…..
    ME ….. in South Australia ….

so with 3 clicks I can buy something ( $4) in this case and have it ready to sew out in 10 minutes.

Last edited: May 18, 2022
    Nancy Hart and Yvonne Smith like this.
  2. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

JOYSTICK with less than 3 hours total use went brain dead. I ordered another since the long wait is not worth mailing it for repair or replacement.

Sometimes you just can't win, it was less than a year old and little use on it. I suspect the USB input lost a contact or a cold solder. I will probably fix it myself and have two sticks when I get the time. It was 94 yesterday and I don't see any type of work in my future until fall. Normal temps this time of year where I live is 85 ;0( The 3 cats stay in the hallway lying around on top of two computers I have sitting there on the floor. I have a fan blowing against the wall and yesterday late afternoon I touched the wall going to the kitchen and it was very hot !

3. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Well it is back to being cold here so don't lose faith.
    My water distiller went out on me. I checked the counter top breaker and it was fine. so I ordered a new distiller on amazon. I had given my spare to my daughter. Anyway, AFTER ordering, I went downstairs to look at the breaker box. Everything looked OK. But I switched everything off and on again anyway.
    MAGIC! Distiller works again!
    I guess I will have a new spare.

4. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Sounds like a weak breaker, I average one every 5 years due to the humidity and cheap breakers available. I have a good friend living in Nevada and recently he told me his well pump went bad. Prices on everything is just so over the top. It was mentioned on FOX cable this morning the left are ecstatic so many are paying so much for gasoline. It forces a losing endgame for their electric car BS. I see a very bleak future for the USA in the coming years. It's bad now but the real evil is still down the road with another global depression. I don't believe I want to witness this one. I still have a mason jar full of old 20s and 30s buttons Grandmother saved during the first depression. It is hard to comprehend people could not afford a button.

John Brunner and Beth Gallagher like this.
  5. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

My last purchase was from Poshmark and I received these USA-made late 1980s Jordache jeans. They were bought and tried on and they didn't fit the lady at that time so she put and in her closet and forgot about them until recently when she decided to clear out everything that was out of date.

I don't mind wearing out-of-date clothes as long as they are USA-made. I paid a premium of $60 to get these but they were basically unworn before I received them. I love this old denim as it is so comfortable and tough. I love the old bareback high waist rodeo riding style although I am told it isn't my best look. These will last me for years. So far I am up to 12 pairs of vintage (pre-2000) USA and Canadian-made jeans and 6 pairs are the bareback style. I have rid my closet of all Asian-made clothes. I call it Faye's personal war on commie-made clothes.

ff grass.jpg

6. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Jeans are too hot for me here in Florida except in short winters so I only have 2 pair, I like capri pants with pockets.

My last purchase was 3 days ago new supply of makeup from ELF. Inexpensive but seems to work.
    Dog UTI Cranberry kidney pills,

Faye Fox likes this.
  7. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Ditto; I never wear jeans and seldom think about them except how hot and uncomfortable they look in this heat. I have kept a pair of bell bottoms since the 1970s, though. Of course they no longer fit me. It's strange how much sizing has changed; the "vanity sizing" of today's clothing seems absurd.

8. Marie Mallery

Registered

I agree and buying online is not a good idea for me. I need some new cotton tank tops but will not order them. I'm not one that likes to shop anyway. But I do need some clothes.

9. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I have good luck ordering clothing from Macy's. I know what size to buy in their brands so I order online occasionally, but I've got plenty of clothes for the time being (unless I see a good sale :D).

Faye Fox and Marie Mallery like this.
  10. Marie Mallery

Registered

You mean I can get what I order at Macys thanks Beth will sure try a small order and see how it comes out.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  11. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes, isn't it a hoot! The jeans I am wearing in the photo are a size 14. That size indicated they had a 28" waist or will measure 14" across the waist band lying flat. In the commie jeans or pants, I wear a size 4 that indicates nothing. What really cracks me up is size zero and the one size fits all.

Last edited: May 19, 2022
  12. Marie Mallery

Registered

"Commie: jean's :D

Faye Fox likes this.
  13. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Yeah, my old vintage pants are sizes larger than my current size but I can't get them on. :rolleyes:

14. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Wow, I own 2 pair of jeans, 2shorts, and about 8 tee shirts. I do not feel the need to have many clothes ...do not go anywhere to need them.

15. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

I like good cotton jeans and don't wear much else. I am not pickin' up guys like I used to. One of my neighbors said he didn't realize I even had legs when I put on a skirt once.
    I also want COTTON tops. Not that slippery 'who knows what the material is' stuff. I get most clothes at St Vinnie De Paul thrift shop where the vintage stuff is. But I have been sending a lot back there too.

Marie Mallery and Faye Fox like this.