My Whereabouts, Some Might Wonder, Some Might Not

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Mar 18, 2021.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Please don't get me wrong, folks, I like this forum. Thing is, most people on here don't necessarily "talk my language" when it comes to rodeo, farming, ranching, livestock...........stuff like that. I've had some unpleasant replies to things I've said about the four and I totally understand why. When folks aren't into things like that, nothing else I can expect.

Anyway, I've found a forum, even better than the horse forum I was on, to be a part of. It took quite a bit of looking to find one, but I finally found one.

I'll be checking in "now and then" to see what's been posted, but that's about it.

Actually, I didn't even have to do this thread about "leaving", but decided to.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  2. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Okay doket..take care!

Faye Fox and Beth Gallagher like this.
  3. Peter Renfro

Peter Renfro Veteran Member
    Registered

You are capable of two forums at once aren't you? Hang out be cool!

4. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I have to say this in defense of some of us (or at least myself), and out of concern you'll carry your way of being to wherever you go.

I've tried to tease out of you specific example of where people have "dissed" you, because you've made reference to this before. There are no such examples. There are only times you literally beg for approval of your posts, and when it's not forthcoming you imagine "unpleasant replies" when there have been no replies at all.

No one here has been rude to you...they've just not been as gushing as you need them to be. I understand that. There are times my comments have not received the anticipated replies and endorsements. But it's an internet forum. The people here are not my mothers. My every statement is not "The prettiest picture of a pony they ever did see." Neither are yours. Neither is anyone's.

I've not really said anything this blunt before because there's been no real reason to and we all let each other slide, but now you come here not really to say "goodbye" but to accuse folks of victimizing you...again! We have not. For your own sanity, you need to look at this, 'cause it's gonna [not] happen again, regardless of where you go.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
  5. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Well, first of all, John, you haven't been on this forum nearly as long as I have (2015). I had one member tell me that cowboy hats weren't worn in Cowboy Church. Perhaps the Cowboy Church he went to, they took them off, but both Cowboy Churches here, the guys leave them on. Ken even acknowledged that he seen this, I believe on YouTube.

I got comments about going to a local livestock auction. I got somewhat criticized for having a toy farm/ranch display on a counter of ours. And, I won't even get into what some thought about rodeo.

So, unless you've read all of the threads I've done and all of the posts that have been made to me, I sure wouldn't say what you've said about how some were towards me.

Now, John, I don't get any of this kind of treatment on the other forum. One guy even told me he has a wooden display of a ranch that was given to him. That forum doesn't "put down" going to a livestock auction or rodeo. They all support both.

Only thing that will happen, where I'm at now, will be...........we all talk the same language!

SOF is a nice forum, but only one member really knows about what I'm talking about and that is Dennis in Texas.

6. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

What forum is that, @Cody Fousnaugh I might like to read about rodeos even if I can't be in one.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  7. Peter Renfro

Peter Renfro Veteran Member
    Registered

John you can't be serious. Cody has a unique perspective on life and unique interests. He is hammered by everyone including myself at times, just for being himself.
    He seems also to be an upright honest well balanced person.
    If he decides not to post, I for one will notice his absence.

8. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

I agree Peter. Even lurkers, who almost never post here anymore, have popped in just to take pot shots on occasion.

9. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Cody Cody Cody! I can only speak for myself when I say I was only trying to have a fun discussion with you. I love my 40 years as a ranch mountain woman and I still love to reminisce about it. I was never picking on you, but as is common with us country folks we love to do a lot of teasing. Being teased about ways of dressing and such is just part of being a ranch person.

Wearing a hat in a cowboy church is something that is different in every "cowboy" church. Cowboy churches don't have a universal doctrine or dress codes. Some cowboy churches allow women to wear cut-off frayed jean shorts and tight tank crop tops for services. The local one I know of is very conservative and apostolic. Men don't wear their hats in the worship service. I hope you never think I was criticizing you for your beliefs and way of worship. I was simply stating a fact that not all cowboy churches find men wearing hats during worship service in accordance with their understanding of apostolic scripture.

Reading your possible exit post, I get the idea you feel unappreciated because others don't share your ideas on what is necessary to live the western lifestyle. It baffles me that with your past being around rural people, that you have such a narrow view of what is required to fit this lifestyle. I didn't go getting my undies in a twist when you said I had departed my ranch upbringing. I simply explained why I hadn't just because I don't dress like a Sheplers model or still go to cattle auctions.

I understand our friendly disagreement was over what constitutes a western lifestyle and I had hoped we could discuss it further and both gain some insight. I can understand and wish you well on your new-found forum.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2021
  10. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

So will I.

11. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Ditto!

Shirley Martin and Peter Renfro like this.
  12. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Cody, please don't go.

13. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Finding locations and places that coincide with personal or family enjoyment is always fun.
    If you want to spend more time over there for a while well that's understandable but don't
    get so involved you forget about us. Shoot, I'll bet the distance is close enough you can do
    both, so gallop on back here every chance you get.

Babs Hunt likes this.
  14. Trevalius Guyus

Trevalius Guyus Veteran Member
    Registered

Dang, Cody, sorry you're leaving. Maybe we'll meet up in Colorado, one day.

I will always remember you as the guy who asked me, on "the other forum" : "What does Texas have to do with cowboys?" Priceless, my friend, truly priceless!

15. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

First of all, I want to say that I am happy for you that you found another western forum that you like, and I am sure that you can enjoy chatting with a group of people who only write about ranch/farm/livestock types of topics.

However, as Peter mentioned, there is no reason that you can’t belong to more than one forum, and we have enough variety of topics happening here that you can contribute to, just as you have been doing for these last several years. I have found that “focused” forums do not have much for everyday chit-chat, like an open forum like SOC has.

As far as having unpleasant replies, you are certainly not alone in having that.
    About everyone on here has had people disagree with things that they posted, especially in the Hot Button section, but even in the health and wellness section, and in just about any thread where people can have differing opinions.
    Most of the really rude replies that Ken and I have had to remove were not addressed at you, and even though people disagreed with you, I don’t remember people actually calling you names, as has happened to some of the rest of us when we posted something that turned out to be controversial.

We can all have friends who have different opinions than we do, and we still like them just as much; so enjoy your new western forum; but come and visit your friends here, too, so we do not worry about you, and remember that you are an important part of this forum.