My Worst Dream Of All

Discussion in 'Dreams & Interpretations' started by Frank Sanoica, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

Not sure if I really want to go back and re-imagine what this was like; my wife never experienced anything like it, nor others (the few) I have asked.

It is in essence a dream, in which you dream you have been dreaming, wake-up in the dream, realize it was a dream, and something horrible happens, out of this world, because you have not woken up, but are still dreaming, so anything could happen.

Does this make any sense? Basically, dreaming that you are dreaming. No, I was not drunk, or under the influence of any drug.

Here's how I perceived it. I woke up and sat up in bed, looked over at my sleeping wife, and she suddenly sat up, her eyes blazing a greenish vivid color. I was terrified, could not speak or move, then within a moment, or however long it was (no way to tell), I woke up again, this time for real, terrified, drenched in sweat, looked
    over, and there she was, peacefully sleeping. I almost had a heart attack, thinking she would suddenly sit up, with those horrible green eyes......In the morning, I told her of this, and she smiled, saying it might be an omen.

It was about the most frightening moment of my life. Does it make any sense? The best analysis I could come up with, was a Sci-Fi movie my Dad took me to see, in which a boy, about 12, awakens in the night, goes to the window, and sees a flying saucer land behind a hill on the family farm. He screams, his folks rush into his bedroom, console him, and they return to sleep. Morning, the boy perceives very strange events taking place. People he knew, his Dad included, acting robot-like. He spots a tiny scar on someone's neck in the back, just below the hairline.

Later in the flick, it is revealed the invaders are inserting control chips into victims' necks, by which they can control their activities and kill them, by remote control. His Dad has one of those scars. Long story short, everything returns to normal, the kid's dream is forgotten, and the opening scene is replayed, with the boy awakening and looking out the window to see the saucer land, just as he had "dreamed" it would. Then, the usual ending picture stated "Beginning of THE END?"

Could that frightening movie have caused my bizarre dream, many years later? Ya think maybe I'm nuts?

The movie was "Invaders from Mars", 1953. It is reviewed here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invaders_from_Mars_(1953_film)

Linda Binning likes this.
  2. Linda Binning

Linda Binning Veteran Member
    Registered

No Frank, I don't think the movie influenced your dream. I don't know why you had the dream. That dream probably wouldn't have bothered my husband as my eyes are green anyway. :) I know if you are in a dream and know you are dreaming than it's called a Lucid dream but it sounds like yours went beyond that. I've never had a dream like that either and I hope you don't again. You might want to consider writing in a dream journal. A year or two later it's quite interesting to read it. I started mine in 2006.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  3. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I've had a few lucid dreams and they scare me. I can actually feel myself forcing my body to move and get up, but I can't. This seems to happen over and over again til I finally wake up.

There is always an evil presence that I don't always see but feel.

4. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

I had a dream interpretation book that's all worn and torn now. I looked for it online and found this site :
    http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamdictionary/s.htm which goes in alphabetical order for the most pronounced part of your dream and it has " scream " in it. Good luck in finding the deeper meaning of your dreams.

5. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

"There is always an evil presence that I don't always see but feel."

Yep! Just last night, very weird feeling, I dreamt (was dreaming?) some sort of occurrence was affecting me most drastically, like pulling me downwards into a whirlpool or something, and no matter how hard I tried to move upwards, I could not. It felt frightening, even after I awoke, then felt relieved.

Several times in my life, I have awakened from a very frightening dream, and returned to it upon falling asleep! Ya don't want to do that! :eek:
    Frank

Chrissy Cross and Linda Binning like this.
  6. Karen McKenzie

Karen McKenzie Veteran Member
    Registered

My worst dream is not being able to find my car in the parking lot..and variations of that theme..I wake up exhausted.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  7. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

My variations on that dream are my locker in HS and the combination to the lock, I can never remember it.

8. Paul Sparky

Paul Sparky Supreme Member
    Registered

I've had three cars stolen in the past, that would probably explain my 'missing car' dreams.
    Since moving I don't have those dreams now, but when a car does appear in my dream it usually has a weird face. :confused:

Frank Sanoica likes this.