Naomi Judd Commits Suicide!

Discussion in 'Celebrity Deaths' started by Cody Fousnaugh, May 12, 2022.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

It was just announced, by her daughter, Ashley Judd, that her mother, Naomi, committed suicide with a handgun. This happened on April 30th. Naomi had asked Ashley to stay with her, and she done the suicide while Ashley was at their Kentucky home.

When the news first broke on April 30, the only thing stated was that Naomi had died of mental illness. The Judd family decided to let Ashley announce what had actually happened, instead of the coroner.

We have a number of Judd hits, that being Naomi and her other daughter, Wynonna, when they were known as The Judds. They were a major hit in the country music scene. Due to Naomi being diagnosed with Hepatitis C in 1991, The Judds broke up. I read that one of the causes of Hepatitis is too much alcohol drinking.

2. Lulu Moppet

Lulu Moppet Veteran Member
    Registered

Wow. Heartbreaking. I have no other words to say. I'm so sorry Naomi was in such pain.

Don Alaska likes this.
  3. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Funny, but when I called my wife's sister (my SIL) this morning to tell her about what I read, she said "where did she get the gun?". I think I've stated this before on this forum, but my SIL is not an advocate at all concerning firearms.

And, as a reminder, Robin Williams died of suicide, by hanging himself.

4. Ron Beforee

Ron Beforee Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

What a shame, for a very talented woman ....... or anyone for that matter.

I have to admit that i was one of those that just blew-off depression , as persons that just were not getting their way .... so to speak.

Then, it afflicted a guy i worked with & then worked for me ... for years. It cost him his marriage, his dughter , his home ..... and eventually his job.

I'll call him Mike, the depression came on him out of nowhere ..... Or .... he hid for years ??

This was a good man , a good employee , a nice guy. After he was fired [not by me] he just seemed to disappear . I sincerely hope he somehow came out of it ?

Bobby Cole and Don Alaska like this.
  5. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

That's horribly sad. Suicide is unusual for a woman that age. White males that age (75+) are the highest risk category.

She had spoken of her depression and suicidal tendencies in interviews. I've known at least 3 people in my life who immediately come to mind who have suicided, none of them family. It's a horrible thing.

You hope they've found peace...both those who have gone and their surviving friends & family.

Don Alaska likes this.
  6. Joseph Carl

Joseph Carl Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Reminds me of another sad superstar suicide - Whitney Houston.

John Brunner likes this.
  7. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

If they're not driven to "success" by their own brokenness, achieving those heights often inflicts its own damage.

I wouldn't want any part of it, regardless of the industry or profession.