Need Tech Help, Lost Password

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Tech Talk' started by Marie Mallery, Aug 11, 2022.

1. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

I joined Rumble a couple years ago to leave YouTube. I didn't use it for some reason and now I can't log in.
    Says wrong username or password. Also says Microsoft Bing problem, so I tried to sign in under google, what is alternative browser I can use that is safe and ok.
    I use to use DuckDuckGo, and another one but I forgot what the name was.

2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

If you have asked your computer to save passwords, you should be able to look them up. On the iPad, we have something called a “keychain” and anytime i ask for a password to be saved, it stores my username and password ; so all I have to do is look in my keychain and find it.

If you can’t do that, here is another possibility that should work for you, @Marie Mallery . Go to Rumble and try to log in. When it says wrong username or password, there is usually a little place for lost password.
    Fill that out. If you used a different email, then it will tell you that that email is not found. If it is the correct email, then it should send you a link to reset your password. If it is the wrong email, then you need to try any other emails you have until you find the right one, and then you will get the password reset link sent to you.
    If all else fails, make another account.

I keep all of mine stored in my ipad notebook, so i can look them up when needed, or in case something happened to me, and my family needs the information.

Don Alaska and Marie Mallery like this.
  3. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

My i-Mac stores ny passwords when I tell it to do so and my i-Phone does likewise

Marie Mallery likes this.
  4. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

I write password in notebook and the Rumble password is still there, guess I'll have to email them like Yvonne suggested. Thanks yall.

5. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

I was not saying that you should email Rumble. Here is what I suggested :

1. Try to sign in. If it does not work, then there should be a notation for a lost password.

2. Put your email in the lost password area, for them to send you a link to update your password. If it is the wrong email, then they will tell you it is not on file, so then you will know that the problem is probably the wrong email , rather than the wrong password.
    Try a different email that you use, and see if it works.

3. When you find the right email, then it will send a message to Rumble, and Rumble will send you a link to update your password.

Beth Gallagher and Don Alaska like this.
  6. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

Marie:

Websites that require passwords provide assistance to those who have lost them.

When you go on Rumble's log in page, you will see this:

Rumble.jpg

Click on "FORGOT YOUR PASSWORD?"

This will pop up:

Rumble2.jpg

Enter your email address and click on "Submit."

They will email you instructions on how to reset your password.
    Most sites will tell you if there is no account on record for that email address.

Yvonne Smith likes this.