Never, Never Delete The Cookie From This Forum

Discussion in 'Help Requests' started by Ed Wilson, Aug 29, 2020.

1. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

I logged into SoC on two different computers. On my old tower with FF I looked through the list of cookies by way of "options" and saw a long list of old cookies so I proceeded to delete some, and in the process I accidentally deleted the SoC one. Now I can't log in again without the cookie. When I try I just get a runaround answering questions and re-typing the password again and again.

2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

When you are completely logged out, the first option that you will get is to join the forum and register, which is why you are asked the questions, and also why your password does not work.
    Look for the little option that just says “log in”, and then you should be able to sign in with no problems.

4FBC281F-F4C6-43BE-A02A-79F6E9BE3377.jpeg

Last edited: Aug 29, 2020
    Martin Alonzo and Bobby Cole like this.
  3. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

I also had many problems logging in with a new computer until I hit the check for keep me login then it was OK

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  4. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

Actually I did not formally log out as if I used that option in my profile, so I believe I am still logged in as far as the software is concerned but since there is no cookie, the software is confused. Maybe I could rejoin the forum as Ed Wilson II.

5. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Something similar happens to me when I have two windows open at once---one window where I've logged out of the forum previously, and one where I've logged back in.

Sometimes I forget I've logged back in, and try to log in from the first window. It gives you an error message that you must enable cookies to log in, or something like that.

It took me a while to figure out what was happening. :p

Edited to add. I've deleted the cookie here before, because of that message, and had no problem. Just logged in again and everything was fine.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2020