New Unrest In Occupied Palestine

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Craig Wilson, May 12, 2021.

1. Craig Wilson

Craig Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

What is happening at the present in occupied Palestine is a disgrace. I dont profess to know the full history of Israel or Palestine.. tho I do know that the latter was once controlled by Britain before, I think the State of Israel was set up to give a home to surviving Jewish Europeans after WW2. I do know that having a Jewish state smack bang among Muslim nations was a sore point and bore several wars all of which were won by Israel. I am almost sure it was then that Palestine ceased to exist as Israel swallowed it up and has occupied it to this day even tho the international community classes it as illegal and that some nations condemn one nation occupying another.

I say no one nation has the moral right to occupy another with impunity. The Palestinian people must be given a homeland where they can be safe!!!

Apologies for any offense.

Nancy Hart likes this.
  2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Palestine never existed as a country, as far as I am aware.

Bobby Cole and Al Amoling like this.
  3. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

The book, Exodus, by Leon Uris sheds some light on the founding of Isreal.
    I read the book, twice. I saw the movie made frome it which generated some
    interest on my part to do more research. I found it fascinating history.

The book is merely a historical novel about the founding of Israel bt an
    interesting and informative read.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  4. Craig Wilson

Registered

It did Ken. Map of Palestine 1895.
    [​IMG]

5. Craig Wilson

Registered

I too saw the film Exodus. Not denying the Jewish people had a right to a homeland. But why at the expense of another nation.
    During World War I the British government issued the Balfour Declaration, favoring the establishment of a national home for the Jewish people in Palestine. The British captured Palestine from the Ottomans shortly thereafter. The League of Nations gave Britain mandatory power over Palestine in 1922. Jewish mass immigration after World War 11 and colonial rule led to sectarian violence between Jews and Arabs, eventually causing the British government to announce its intention to terminate the Palestine Mandate in 1947. The United Nations General Assembly recommended partitioning Palestine into two states; one Arab and one Jewish.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 12, 2021
  6. Craig Wilson

Registered

How are automatic weapons fair against stones and crude weapons or short distance rockets (most destroyed before they hit their targets) fair against destruction from the air and the latest military arsenal at the disposal of the Israeli armed forces.
    Sleepy Joe Biden, like many US presidents before him, says "Israel has the right to defend itself ". Yes it does against a bona fide Middle eastern foe .. not a rag tag occupied people who are protesting over their right to live freely on their own and ancient land.

7. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

Countries aren't created by maps. I could show you a map of my land up north, but it's not a country. Several maps indicate the location and boundaries of a region called Scandinavia, but Scandinavia is not an independent country. Maps show continents, regions, states, cities, and a whole range of geographical designations, but not all of these are countries.

Last edited: May 12, 2021
  8. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

As I understand it all, the British, with some help from the French, really screwed it all up in the Middle East. They were "Protectors" of the region after WWI. The Protectorate was called Palestine, but it wasn't a country. It was a group of ethnicities thrown together, much as colonial powers tend to do, with little regard for the people who dwell there. I read that Jordan was established as the Palestinian area around the time Israel was established in a similar manner to the Pakistan-India division, to account for ethic and religious differences. King Hussein discovered the Palestinians were a nasty, somewhat lazy but violent group of people who were always causing trouble and expelled them from his country, the country established in part to be a homeland for them. Some tried to migrate to Israel and the remainder ended up in a variety of Refugee Camps. The 1967 war changed some national boundaries, but created no place for the Palestinians. A series of negotiations were conducted, led mostly by various Presidents of the U.S., but none really accomplished much. The most extreme was the Oslo Accords under Clinton, which basically gave the Palestinian Authority everything it had asked for, but the Palestinians refused to sign, and continued to demand more and more until the negotiations completely broke down. Israel eventually agreed to cede much of the West Bank and Gaza to the Palestinian Authority from which there have been a never-ending series of attacks on civilian areas of Israel. It seems King Hussein was right in not wanting to deal with them. I had a co-worker who was Palestinian from Israel. His father had two brothers and they all lived in Israel, but my friend's father decided to leave Israel out of fear of the Jewish state. His two uncles became millionaire businessmen in Israel, while my co-worker's family ended up in several refugee camps and were destitute until he managed to emigrate to the U.S.

9. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

What about this ? It looks to me like it is Israel who is being attacked, and it is NOT by “stones and crude weapons” , for it to be setting off the bomb siren alerts.

343AD203-518F-48F8-9DF5-9A8825C0026A.jpeg

Don Alaska and Bobby Cole like this.
  10. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

There’s a Huge history but what isn’t published is that a bunch of Jews didn’t just suddenly show up and forcefully take over a bunch of land.
    Initially, throughout the late 19th and early 20th centuries land was being PURCHASED under Ottoman law by a couple of Zionist and Jewish organizations and individual Jewish enterprises for Jewish settlement.
    I’ll have to look up the date, but when the Ottomans decided to cease to sell any more land to “foreign” entities around the early 1900’s there were around 66 thousand Jews occupying their own, purchased land.
    Once sold, the seller can’t just come back and say that I don’t like you so I want my property back but in many ways, that’s precisely what much of the animosity WAS about.
    In essence, it is almost like the French declaring that the Louisiana Purchase was an illegal deal so we want our land back and we’re going to war until you give it back.
    But like I wrote, there’s a Huge history and nothing is as simple as it is made out to be.

Do Note: I wouldn’t call a few hundred Iranian provided rockets and missiles akin to rocks and stones being thrown at Israel. Yes, Israel does have superior defenses but to me, if you’re going to punch the big boy on the street you need to be prepared to take what the big boy gives back.

2nd Note: This is what Israel is fighting. They’re not fighting a country, they’re fighting an organization completely backed by Iran.
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14928222/what-is-hamas/

Last edited: May 13, 2021
    Don Alaska and Bill Boggs like this.
  11. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Here we have Marco Rubio explaining a lot that isn’t being published on our more biased MSM. About 3/4 through the video it does go a little off topic but it’s good information just the same.

Don Alaska likes this.
  12. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Yep, hundreds of missiles a day directed mostly at civilian targets...Not stones and such--that is propaganda published by theti-Semites. Although, since the Jews and Palestinians are from the same genetic stock, to be anti-Semitic would mean you were also against the Palestinians.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  13. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

True, they both originate with Abraham but as a side, things go even deeper and more hypocritical than that. Anyone who is speaking or has spoken a Semitic language is considered a Semite.
    So, to be anti-Semitic is not only to dislike (or hate) the progeny of Abraham but to feel the same about anyone or group who has spoken or still speaks a Semitic language.

Don Alaska likes this.
  14. Craig Wilson

Registered

The stones and crude weapons are used on the streets by Palestinians against disproportionate force by Israeli police/military because these people are tired of occupation, subjugation and repression. In retaliation Hamas use its only weapon, a short range rocket that barely reaches Israeli land before most are shot from the sky. Then in brutal and again disproportionate retaliation the Jewish planes bomb and kill innocent women and children.

Last edited: May 14, 2021
  15. Jim Brown

Jim Brown Well-Known Member
    Registered

You do realize that the Palestinians started this by firing about 30 rockets at Israel last Sunday, don't you?