New Zealanders In Trouble

Discussion in 'Viruses' started by Dwight Ward, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Dwight Ward

Dwight Ward Veteran Member
    Registered

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I don't believe that the COVID measures used in the United States are so different. As I understand it, children found to be positive for COVID-19 are not necessarily going to be returned to their parents, and their treatment won't be left up to the parents. Once they develop anything that they choose to call a vaccine, the chances are very high that either it will be mandatory or there will be laws that those who haven't accepted the vaccine will not be able to enter any public building, such as a store or restaurant.

3. Dwight Ward

Registered

I found your answer confusing, Ken. At the start did you mean to say 'I don't believe' rather than 'I believe'? Beyond that, I agree that the pandemic is being used worldwide to usher in more authoritarian governments. Let's all resist in every way we can.

4. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

New Zealand is medical mafia they have had no death and shut down the country just on fear pron. This is what happen when you let the medical mafia run your country. They literally closed the country to stop a .01% virus all they had to do is protect the people who would be effected and let the rest get the virus and gain herd immunity and they would be OK. These power crazy people that think we do not have a immunity system. There is other countries that gave out HCQ that also did not have a large death rate. They will have to keep their country locked down permanently if they don't get herd immunity as that virus well return the minute they open their tourist industry.

5. Ken Anderson

Yes. I left the "don't" out. I'll add it now. Thanks.

6. Mary Miller

Mary Miller Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I was just thinking about covid this morning and you can send me an aluminum hat if you want. How many actually have had experiences with it. A friend of mine, my lawyer actually, was in the paper as having died of covid ( my only close association with anyone with it). He had a blood cancer, he was 78 and recently lost his truly beloved wife. I would have said, if he truly had covid, that he died WITH it, not necessarily OF it. I happen to be in a smaller city in Wisconsin and they say 1000 people have died in the state OF it. But that is my only experience.
    I looked up stats for deaths by lung issues in 2017 and they were pretty much the same as covid numbers. Lung issues will increase potential death threat to patients but would they have died from pneumonia anyway?
    Lots of conspiracy thoughts dancing in my head.
    In March, Dr Fauci said masks did not help. Later he said that he had made that statement because there were not enough masks to go around for the health workers (as opposed to recommending we make our own, etc?) He threw us under the bus. And he is advising Trump?
    So much 'information' swirling about until they can think of a way to pin us down? (after elections)

7. Dwight Ward

Registered

Mary, you hit may salient points. Not being virologists, how are we to evaluate all the information thrown at us? Yes, people are dying, but what of? When the experts have opposing views who are we to believe?.
    Sorry - three questions, no answers.

8. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

@Dwight Ward
    The people who are claiming no one should consider anything other than what they say. The WHO, CDC have been saying on thing only to say the opposite tomorrow if we are to believe them they need to get their story straight.

9. Ken Anderson

Uh-huh. We should believe him now because he admits he lied to us before.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  10. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Supreme Member
    Registered

I remember the day Fauci said that. As I recall the question to him was... would it help you to wear a mask in terms of catching the virus. They still say it won't help you much to wear a mask, if no one else around you is wearing one.

I don't know why he back-tracked with that excuse. Possibly because if he repeated that it won't help the wearer much, a bunch more people would quit wearing them.

Even Donald Trump finally said wearing a mask was patriotic. I assume that meant for the common good.