Nikki Haley Planning Feb. 15 Launch For 2024 White House Bid

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Beth Gallagher, Feb 1, 2023.

1. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

From the Associated Press...

"COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — Nikki Haley is moving closer to making her presidential campaign official.

On Wednesday, supporters of the former South Carolina governor will get an email invitation to a Feb. 15 launch event in Charleston, at which she plans to announce her campaign, according to a person familiar with the plans but not authorized to speak publicly about them.

News of Haley's plans was first reported by The Post and Courier of Charleston.

Haley, 51, served as South Carolina's governor for six years before serving as President Donald Trump's ambassador to the United Nations. When she enters the race, Haley will be the first contender to join the contest against her former boss, who is currently the sole Republican seeking his party's 2024 nomination."

I remember her saying she wouldn't run for President if Trump was running, so I guess she changed her mind. I thought perhaps she might be his VP choice.

2. John West

John West Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

You think Trump will badmouth her, if she runs, like he did to DeSantis (who hasn't declared he's running)? If Trump does tee off on Haley, I thkink he will lose more of whatever female vote he has left at this point. DeSantis just declared war on CRT in FL education. I wonder what Haley will declare about her intentions should she declare..

3. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

4. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Her announcement is already drawing negative attention in some quarters:

[​IMG]

5. John West

Registered

Thomas Windom likes this.
  6. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Of course he will badmouth her; he can't control himself in that regard.

I have a feeling Nikki will end up being just another face in the "also rans." The contest is going to be Trump/DeSantis I believe.

7. John West

Registered

Perhaps, but I have trouble believing she will go down quietly if she goes down as an "also ran.". Although not my first choice, I hope she jumps in with both guns blazing, particularly at the democrats instead of shooting herself in the foot like Trump's doing.,

8. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Nikki Haley lost the Nevada Republican primary yesterday when she was the only one on the ballot. She lost to "None of these candidates" by 30%. The caucuses are today and Trump was not on the primary ballot as he preferred to just compete in the caucuses. Haley has a San Francisco fundraiser coming up soon for Democratic megadonors in California. Perhaps she is just in this for the money and is willing to be humiliated for the millions she is receiving in donations, which, I assume, she will get to keep if she drops out or is defeated. I guess the Dem donors would rather give their money to her rather than any of the possible Democrat candidates. What a weird situation!

Yvonne Smith and John Brunner like this.
  9. Jake Smith

Jake Smith Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

10. Celia Jenkins

Celia Jenkins Well-Known Member
    Registered

I'm enjoying this. There has been such a determined hate campaign against Trump, yet in a democracy, it's the common people who choose. The wishes of the people are clear.
    I just hope he survives....the CIA have a knack of disposing of those they disagree with.

11. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Well, the Democrats (the WEF) is still so afraid of Trump, one member of Congress leaked the plan they had to make a LAW to prevent Trump from becoming president because the SCOTUS said they could not. And now they are offering citizenship to illegals who join the military. Chinese nationals? Will they, then, use them to fire on US citizens who oppose them?
    53 states now offer constitutional carry without permits and a few allow open carry too.

Jake Smith and Ed Wilson like this.
  12. Beth Gallagher

Registered

She "suspends" her campaign. Just in case.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2024
    Jake Smith and Jenna Parnellson like this.
  13. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Well, as Trump might say, "Be afraid, be very afraid!" of anyone, including Biden, going up against me. Love it!!

Nancy Hart and Ed Wilson like this.
  14. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

This twitter account has been active for around three years, even before Nikki Haley started her presidential campaign . All this time, she has been ranting against President Trump, and supporting Biden.
    If this does not prove that the Haley supporters are liberals, I don’t know what does !

IMG_6156.jpeg

Jake Smith likes this.
  15. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

She will heretofore be a regular on the left wing Sunday talk shows along with Chris Christie. Look at her campaign as an audition for those shows where she displayed her colors.