Oh What A Christmas To Remember

Discussion in 'Holidays & Traditions' started by Babs Hunt, Dec 27, 2021.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

The Christmas get together we planned consisted of a Christmas Eve Pajama party, good food and desserts...and of course our whole family being together. The Christmas get together we got was nothing like that. First of all 3 days before Christmas my oldest daughter and her youngest daughter got COVID. Then her middle daughter who was home from College in another State came down with it too. And to finish off things her oldest daughter totaled her car on Christmas Eve. Thank God no one was hurt. My middle daughter is Director of Nurses, Medical Staff at a Nursing Home and sure enough patients started coming down with COVID a few days before Christmas. So she and her family had to bow out also. My youngest daughter the Respiratory therapist had been working part time to earn some extra holiday money...and of course some of her patients ended up testing positive for Covid right before Christmas too. Plus my oldest daughter is her daughter's Teacher and was exposed to the virus too. So no get together....sort of. My youngest daughter made a big pot of chicken and sausage gumbo, rice, and potato salad and left portions of all of it at our doors. My middle daughter did the same with desserts. And she had her 3 kids in the car with her so I let them open their presents outside and we took a couple of pictures together which would be the only Christmas pictures I have this year. IMG_20211224_171749.jpg IMG_6878.jpg We made the best of things which is all one can do when plans don't work out. I thank God that we all had the best Christmas we could have under the circumstances and we hope all of you had a Christmas to remember too. Happy New Year to each of you.

2. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

So glad you all had a good time !

3. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Don Alaska likes this.