One Lifelong True Friend

Discussion in 'People I Have Known' started by Frank Sanoica, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

How long is she supposed to stay with you, Mary? My BFF from high school came to spend a weekend with me a few years ago; we had fun shopping, cooking together, and looking at old photos. She knew my family well and I knew hers, so we got all caught up on all the family "news" since we'd seen each other last.

Hedi Mitchell and Mary Stetler like this.
  2. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

She is my friend. We are weird. She will come when she actually gets here and stay as long is she does. I like being prepared for all contingencies.;)

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  3. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

All my dearest friends have passed away, so my dog and my son are my reliables these days. I shy away from getting too friendly with anyone at my advance age. Some nice people are neighbors and we see each other daily for brief moments.

4. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

Like Lois my friends have passed so now I 'm working on Joust's best friend who graduatedHs with me. Her husband and only son have passed so we're going to get together after my other eye has lassie surgery....She lives 2 hours away so I'm going to make it a mini-vacation when I go see her.

5. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

My BF of 50 years, is already showing signs of not liking our almost 400 hundred mile move. Her neighbors that she has become close to after 40 years have moved off. Now me moving off. We talk almost everyday. Do not see her a lot, as she does have activities she likes, but with me gone will not be the same. her only child may move off only about an hour away, but- my friend has that one day blinding eye disease, so traveling will not always be for her.

6. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

That is so sad.
    One of my best friends was diagnosed with Parkinsons a while back. I knew it involved tremors but I didn't realize it caused dementia. Her husband sent her to a facility in another town so we can't see each other as often.
    :(

7. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

double :(:(

8. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

My best friend is my same age and doing ok considering she has health problems she still visits her family and cans food and cooks a lot she lives 400 miles away, but we talk every day on the phone, she has had a bad year her son shot and killed himself last year. She treasure's her grand and great grand kids and daughter.

Mary Stetler likes this.
  9. Ron Beforee

Ron Beforee Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I have one life-long friend myself ... 56 years. We met 'hot-rodding' when we were just teens. I tried marriage once ... didn't last [3.5 years] He tried twice, made it 35 years with number one , then relocated to another state and lasted 3-4 years with number two. He then moved back home. We get together for pizza & beer about every-other week.

I have a female friend [just a friend] going on about 32 years, we keep in contact by phone. She is so liberal ... we have long brakes :rolleyes:.

I am not liberal at all, and she hates the conservative view.

It is nice 'catching up' with both, until politics come up with the female ... then we find a polite way to just hang up ..........:D

10. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

I has a male friend since I was 13 and we stayed friends till about 20 years ago when he had to go on the government witness protection list [over some kind of deal with Japan military ships], list had to break all old contacts. Hope he is doing well.

Mary Stetler likes this.