One Young Man's Thoughts On The Covid Mess

Discussion in 'Viruses' started by Bruce Andrew, Nov 16, 2021.

1. Bruce Andrew

Bruce Andrew Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

My Corvette died for the third time since June and I just got it back today in time to put it up for the winter. But that's another story.

The Chevy dealer who worked on it has been blue-ribbon, first class all the way for a lot of reasons, one of which is that each time the car was ready to be picked up, they sent a driver down to get me -- about a 30-mile trip one way.

It's been the same guy each time, a young man who is probably 25 at the most. He is the kind of kid you want -- polite, respectful, pleasant, easy to talk to, etc., and gives one hope for the future. No weird hair, no metal things sticking out of his head, no tattoos plastered all over, or that sort of thing. We've had good chats about Corvettes and cars in general during the rides back, including today.

He has always had a mask on, so I asked him about it today. No, he doesn't choose to wear it, but his employer requires it. I noticed on previous visits to the dealer that all the sales, service writers, etc. had them on. I asked him how Covid has been around work or his personal life -- and I meant the recent uptick in cases the last couple of months. He said even going back to the beginning it was really nothing, no big deal.

So we got into the whole Covid mess during the rest of the ride back and, surprise surprise, he hates all the right things, understands what "liberty" is, he resents being forced to do anything -- so we essentially agreed on everything. He had Covid last winter and didn't even realize it -- it was just a mild cold, but he got tested after the fact and it was positive. He has not gotten the jab and realizes that natural immunity is better than an experimental cocktail and has no plans to get it.

So when we got to the dealer I thanked him for the great conversation and glad that we were on the same side, and I gave him a $20 as I got out. What an uplifting experience. I know all young people aren't screwed up, but it is really encouraging for the future to meet and talk to a kid like that.

In contrast, my lunatic radically-liberal sister has cancelled hosting Thanksgiving for the second year -- "because of the recent uptick in cases, we are going back into self isolation." I've seen them one time since Christmas 2019 despite living a half-hour or so away. Their "news" sources are CNN, MSNBC, and the NYT.

Because of ongoing intermittent electrical problems with my car, that they couldn't reproduce, they ate the whole bill -- including the $225 tow job. I didn't ask for a break -- they insisted on it. So I drove it home, put it away for the winter, and will worry about it next March. Overall, it was a great day!

2. Teresa Levitt

Teresa Levitt Veteran Member
    Registered

I could be thankful for not having to see radically liberals