Only In Amish Country

Discussion in 'Make Me Laugh' started by Samual Yoder, Feb 14, 2022.

1. Samual Yoder

Samual Yoder Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

An Amish man arrested and charged with failure to stop, eluding police and driving under the influence.
    The magistrate was bewildered at the charges when the arresting officer gave his testimony of the incident.
    When asked why he did not stop, the man replied he was sleeping and did not know the officer was behind him and his horse did not know flashing lights meant the horse had to stop, as for driving under the influence the man told the magistrate he was not driving the horse was. The horse knew the way home so he did not have to be awake.
    Case dismissed.

2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Oh, my goodness ! Many years ago, I had a real-life friend that did that. We lived in a small western Washington community, and Jabe lived down the street, where he dated my friend who lived there. He had a gorgeous back Quarter Horse, and he would ride Cody into town to the local bar and drink until he could not stand up any more.
    Then he would get on Cody, and that horse would bring Jabe safely back home. I remember often waking up hearing a horse clip-clopping along down the road, and it would be Jabe sleeping his way home while Cody ambled down the middle of the road in the wee hours of the night.