Oscar Night Exciting? Well...

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Mar 29, 2022.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Because my wife spent some time in Hollywood, as an Extra, in movies like: Air Force One, Volcano and Never Been Kissed, we enjoy watching the Golden Globes, Emmy's and Oscars.

This last Oscar Awards was, so might say, "exciting", due to Will Smith getting up from his front row seat, walking up on stage and slapped Chris Rock (a Presenter) for Chris joking about Willl's wife. Will's wife has a condition dealing with bald head and she was in the remake of GI Jane that Demi Moore played GI Jane years ago. Will didn't like Chris's joke! The L.A.P.D. knew of what happened, but Chris Rock wouldn't file a complaint. And, when Will won the Best Actor Oscar for King Richard, in tears, he apologized to the Academy and to all people present for his actions.

But, the slap was done and a whole lot of discussion about it now. Will this "slap" hurt Will's career? Some say yes. The Academy is investigating the incident and may discipline Will for the slap.

And then, on top of the "slap", the Best Picture Oscar went to CODA, not to King Richard, like many people thought would happen.

2. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

haven't watched any of those self-congratilatory shows for decades. watching paint dry is my vice.

3. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Love it, Al, love it! But, we still watch them each year.

Thomas Stillhere and Al Amoling like this.
  4. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

And, not to change my thread here, but I wonder now if anyone on this forum watches: American Idol, America's Got Talent, The Masked Singer, To Tell The Truth (new one), Storage Wars (new ones), Love It or List It (new ones) and The Equalizer? We watch all, but then again, my wife totally loves tv.............and, I mean, totally!

When not watching these shows, our Roku is on and watching a "live" rodeo on the Cowboy Channel. Even more this year than last year.

5. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Aahh, such restraint! Post #4 before rodeo is mentioned.

6. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Acrylic or oil?

Ed Wilson likes this.
  7. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Why so much tv, for my wife? She tells me that she likes sound in the home. Then again, she was raised with a brother and two sisters. Very little quietness in her home. My home, just me and my step-dad/mom. Basically, very, very quiet, unless the tv was on.

Shoot, when we were on our Bahama's Cruise (Carnaval Cruise Line by Cape Canaveral, Florida), after an onboard show, we went to our cabin and turned on America's Got Talent to watch Terry Fator perform.

8. John West

John West Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Agreed! I haven't watched the Oscars since they were first televised back in the 1950s. Seeing actors trying to congratulate each other and/or pontificate on things they know nothing about is a total waste of valuable sensory/brain time.

9. Al Amoling

Registered

Oil

John Brunner, Faye Fox and Don Alaska like this.
  10. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

One commentator said the incident occurred during the live Oscar show, so at least 100 people witnessed the incident in the U.S.;) More saw it overseas.

Beth Gallagher and John Brunner like this.
  11. Al Amoling

Registered

The only talent show f

me is AGT I’m notinti screauming singers

12. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Except for Chris Rock.

13. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

So he was not sorry that he attacked someone, just sorry that it might have an impact on his status standing with some of his movie fans.
    Damage control, not repentance…..

14. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Best thing for Rock. From what I have heard, his tickets doubled in price since the incident.

Smith did come out yesterday and devoted some time just to apologize to Chris albeit a little late in the game.

Sadly though, the news is all about the Smith smacking Rock incident but pretty quiet about the border, oil prices, Ukraine, Biden and other stuff of apparent less importance.
    Shoot, if Rock would find a way to smack Will Smith, there wouldn’t be any real news for maybe a month or so.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2022
    Don Alaska likes this.
  15. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Well, if you were an actor, you definitely wouldn't think that way. Getting any kind of award should be "congratulated". When I got a 1st Place Ribbon at a high school Science Fair was truly great to me. And, having my family congratulate me for getting it was great as well.

Actors/actresses work very, very hard at what they do and award ceremonies are just a part of saying "thanks" from people who watch movies and/or tv shows.