Paradise Has More Room Now

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Martin Alonzo, Dec 19, 2022.

1. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

The complete insanity that has come to paradise. I live in the Dominican Republic in the countryside the goal for years of the locals is to have a relative in the USA or another first world country so they could send back money to help people here. They don’t have any idea what the people in first world countries go through to earn that money. They live in a country who has no land/house tax the food is reasonable and the cost of living is low. There is something going on now that there are people pushing people to leave the country and sneak into the US with big promises of getting rich. Some are even convinced to fly to Chile and start the trek north and because they have no idea they are closer right now they fall for it. Or heading to Panama because entry is easy. I live in a small community and 10 people in the last week just left for Central America and start the trek north. Some that left earlier have had their passports taken and others have disappeared also requesting money from family to continue the trek [maybe held by Cartel] I have no idea who is behind this but I can guess. Tearing families apart with false hope I feel bad but they will not listen they believe these people using their ignorance for a politico reason.
    The only positive is there is more room now in paradise.

2. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Someone has found a yet one more way to make money off of people’s hopes and fears.

3. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

It is all for money. The quest to go to the US is not to become or help the US but to make enough money to retire back to the DR and live comfortable. Most all the people I know here either send money back to family to buy property and build a house for them. Someone is behind the push of people to enter the US illegality.