Pets Advertising

Discussion in 'Pets & Critters' started by Frank Sanoica, Mar 21, 2021.

1. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

I absolutely love kitties, have had quite a number of them over many years. Recently, I have been very negatively impressed by the T-V commercials relating to pets in general. Americans may be the most pet-dedicated society in the world, considering the act that our big stores here, Kroger, WallMart, and Safeway, have an ENTIRE AISLE, both sides, length of the store, comprised of the most bewildering arrays of pet foods and do-dads imaginable. How for a manufacturer to convince the public to buy his particular products?

Today, I caught the worst T-V commercial I've seen yet. So crude was it, I had to ask my wife if I had misinterpreted it; she said no, then would discuss it no more.

I caught the beginning, in which a man is manipulating what may be a cat litter box, and a CAT TURD flies out through the air, amazement covering his face, and lands kerplunk in the smoothie his wife is holding up, across the room! The turd is clearly made visible in the potion. Her face shows only amazement.

To me, this is sick, and wrong, and approaches a breach between consumer and advertiser.

Frank

2. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

@Frank Sanoica ...I would not like that at all, regarless of animal used.
    I also did not appreciate the Dove commercial showing complete frontal
    of woman who had mastectomy.
    Only saw it twice hope it was removed.

Frank Sanoica and Yvonne Smith like this.