Pinterest. It's Bottomless

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Kitty Carmel, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Veteran Member
    Registered

I like PInterest and have recently been looking for some free cross stitch patterns. I search for what I want, then under the picture comes "you may also like" and there is many many more pictures. It never ends it seems.

I have searched for all kinds of things including recipes.

Word of warning which has me worried to click on some links: I clicked on a recipe link and got some weird site with these pop ups warning about virus and you couldn't close anything, more just kept popping up. Scared me and I took my computer to our local place. They scanned it and all was negative. They said those pop up things are fairly common actually. I'd never had one happen.

I still like Pinterest but it worries me a little now. Some of the cross stitch patterns I found are easy and I can chart them out by hand off the screen. Some more complex ones would require going to the site and print them if they are available for free.

2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

What about taking a screenshot of the pattern and then printing that out, @Kitty Carmel ? I have done this sometimes when I wanted to save a recipe that I found online and with no other good way to print it out without printing a whole page.
    Once i take the screenshot, then I can crop out anything I don’t need and print the recipe, or knitting pattern.

3. Kitty Carmel

Registered

This is a good idea @Yvonne Smith I know how to right click and save a picture but how do you screen shot?

I need to get my new printer set up. I have a number of things I do want to print including some knitting patterns.

4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

I only do it with my iPad; so I am not sure how you might do it with a computer, @Kitty Carmel . You can ask this in the tech section of the forum, and someone will surely be able to tell you, or you can try googling it and see what they say.
    I just push a couple of buttons at the same time and it takes a picture of whatever is on the screen; so I am sure that it would be similar with a regular computer or laptop.

5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

That depends on the computer or device that you're using. Here are instructions for taking a screenshot in Windows. For a Mac, it's Command-Shift-3 or Command-Shift-4 to select a portion of the screen.

6. Kitty Carmel

Registered

Oh thank you! @Ken Anderson I'm on Windows so I will try this.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  7. Kitty Carmel

Registered

Tried it and it worked! They go to a screenshots folder in the PC. Thanks for the tips!

Yvonne Smith and Ken Anderson like this.