Plans For Father's Day?

Discussion in 'Holidays & Traditions' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Jun 19, 2021.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Not for us, but do wish all of the father's out there.........Happy Father's Day! Wife and I dads had passed away years ago.

All local lakes, state and national parks, are warning of huge attendance over this weekend and especially on Father's Day.

One time, when we lived here in Colorado before, we stopped by a local state park/lake, on Father's Day. Thank God we didn't have our boat. The line of vehicle-trailer-boats, stretched from the parking lot of the boat ramp all the way up to the entrance to the state park. Since we didn't have our boat, we were able to drive right by the lineup. The parking lot was already full of vehicle/trailers and many waiting to use the ramp. It was actually unbelievable! And, now, after having lived in northeastern Florida for 10 1/2 years, and seeing how many boaters were there, there are a many, many here in Colorado as well.

So, anyway.........any plans?

2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

No real plans for the day; we'll probably order steaks from Outback or something. My husband will handle his usual routine of being at his mother's on Sunday, taking care of her place and finances. He has already received gifts from the kids, who all live far away from us. This from our youngest daughter... :D:D

IMG_94802.jpg

3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

That is a totally awesome coffee mug ! I love the humor and the picture.

Don Alaska and Beth Gallagher like this.
  4. Beth Gallagher

Registered

He was tickled with it. :D (Is that picture blurry?? My eyes are so weird that I can barely read the caption on the mug. o_O)

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  5. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

It is a little hard to read. Here is a picture from Amazon of the same mug that might be easier for people to look at and read.

0D7B8448-3DDC-45CC-9B68-7084862083AA.jpeg

6. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

My brother will be here in the evening. He and his wife have no children, but half of our children will show up sometime. The other half live in the lower 48. I think there will be steaks on the grill.

7. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Happy Father's Day, Don. Enjoy your family.

Don Alaska likes this.
  8. Tex Dennis

Tex Dennis Veteran Member
    Registered

My best friend and I will spend the afternoon and will probably think of getting take out food and bring it home to eat, I spent the day yesterday with my son shooting a pistol match. Our 2nd day together in many years. I sure hope he will go with me again next month as every month we change firearm types shot and next is my favorite short carbines.

9. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

We will be grilling today as well. My wife sent me a very, very cute Father's Day card.

Currently, at 9AM MT, is pretty windy outside. Great for sailing on a lake, but for powerboats.........lots of waves!

10. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I thought you didn't have any children...??

Faye Fox and Yvonne Smith like this.
  11. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

We don't together, but I've got a daughter. We haven't seen each other in literally years, but that's accepted by both of us. She is a Bi-Centennial Baby, being born in 1976.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  12. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Well happy Father's Day, Cody. I don't remember you mentioning your daughter but then I can barely remember what I ate for breakfast. :D

13. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Thanks!

I did do a thread, in the other Senior forum, about her and I. I really, really got criticized for not seeing her. She's had some pretty serious legal (court) problems concerning her relationship with her mom. At one time, she was extremely close to her mom, but. Not going to get into everything here, but one thing was for sure, my wife and I didn't want to be a part of her problems. She has a teenage son that we've never met, but seen him on Facebook. He is a "special needs" kid.

Actually, even though this is Father's Day, not Mother's Day, my wife lost both of her kids at a young age. Son, of cancer at age 17 and daughter due to "crib death".

14. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

It's been a long time but we can now have visitors at Assisted Living. The picture was taken last Father's Day. Father and Daughter.jpg Father and Daughter.jpg

Von Jones and Sunny Bonet like this.