Planted Bullets

Discussion in 'Travel & Vacation' started by Corie Henson, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

Our premiere airport, the Ninoy Aquino International Airport in Manila, is the venue of the so called "tanim bala" which literally means planting bullet. There are cases everyday that the airport scanner would catch travelers with a bullet in their baggage. Take note, a bullet, a single bullet that is considered an explosive which is illegal. There are talks that passengers caught would bribe the security personnel otherwise they will be withheld and they would miss their flight.

For the past 3 months, the daily occurrence seems improbable. And despite the warnings and the everyday news report, it is a puzzle why there are passengers with bullets. So people are suspecting that the bullets caught by the x-ray scanner were planted by the same security people.

John Nopales likes this.
  2. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

[​IMG]
    Summing up the Bullet-Planes :eek:

• Ninoy Aquino International Airport
    • despite the warnings
    • and the everyday news report
    • it is a puzzle
    • So people are suspecting
    • bullets caught by the x-ray scanner were planted
    • by the same security people

3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

When I lived in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas, one of the elders of the church I was a member of disappeared for quite a while, although I forget now whether it was weeks or months. As it turned out, he had been hunting doves across the border in Mexico, although I don't know why any sane person would choose to do that, he had apparently done that before and was permitted to do that, and had no problems before. This time, however, one shotgun shell had been dropped and rolled under the car seat. At some point, his car was inspected by the Mexican police, who found the shell, and promptly imprisoned him because he was no longer in the area where he was permitted to hunt. I've been back and forth across the Mexican border dozens of times and have never had my car inspected on the Mexican side, but his car was. In this case, he doesn't believe the shell was planted, but that it had accidentally been dropped at some point and no one noticed. Travel comes with danger.

4. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Lone Ranger's "silver bullet" |

"On each episode of the popular radio and television series The Lone Ranger, the title character miraculously appeared and righted injustices, leaving behind a silver bullet as his mark. This silver bullet is a promotional reproduction of props used on the television show by its star, Clayton Moore. In personal appearances throughout the 1950s, Moore would often give these aluminum bullets to fans as souvenirs".

"According to his moral code, the Lone Ranger attempts to avoid violence, shooting only to disarm, not kill, and using silver bullets a reminder of the value of human life".

"The Lone Ranger uses silver bullets in his pistols. Ranger Jim forges the silver bullets using ore from the Ranger's silver mine. The silver bullets serve several purposes for the Lone Ranger. First, they are his calling card. Even in disguise the Ranger can be identified by friends when he presents a silver bullet. Honest lawmen know that help is near when they find one".

[​IMG]
    A bigger version, might have made a swell thermos!

Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
    Nancy Hart likes this.
  5. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered