Population Increase?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Jan 23, 2023.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Has the state, city or county you live in seen a large population increase/explosion? And, you know what comes with a population explosion..........traffic and crime.

I just read yesterday that the county we live in, and the county next to us, will see a very dramatic population increase by 2030. Currently (end of 2022) both counties have population of 275,000 people, but by 2030, that population will increase to 900,000 people. IOW, the working class folks.

Sort of funny, but when we moved back here and told people here that where we lived had a population of 900,000 people, they said "no way would I live in that big of a population". Well, guess what folks!

2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

At the rate they are pouring across the open border, yes... my state has seen a dramatic increase in population. Thanks, Biden and his "border czar." :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Krystal Shay and Yvonne Smith like this.
  3. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

America's population would be in decline if we shut off all immigration (I am not recommending that we stop legal immigration.) The birth rate of American citizens is below "Replacement Level;" that is, the number of births required to maintain a steady population is 2,100 per 1,000 women. Our births in 2017 were 1,766 per 1,000 women. We should be shrinking.

4. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Yes, developments, commercial, retail, residential, cropping up like mushrooms. It’s depressing to see really. Only a few miles from here they have torn down barns, outbuildings, two nice, old ranch style homes on beautiful lots with large trees; hundreds of acres of farmland and forest are being stripped to dirt so they can put up, wait for it, 4 gigantic warehouses.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  5. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Well, one thing we see here in our apartment complex, the owners/manager likes to hire those that speak a lot of Spanish to do work in the complex, like painting, apartment cleaning for new renting. I think these workers come from Greeley, which, in some parts, is primarily Mexican and has been noted for that for years.