Pranks I Have Played Or Have Played On Me

Discussion in 'Other Reminiscences' started by Ken Anderson, Apr 18, 2022.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

My wife has a habit of falling asleep on her recliner in the living room, usually with YouTube on, playing some conservative talk podcast. If she's sleeping when one ends, another similar podcast will usually come on, and so on, so she listens to that stuff in her sleep for a long while.

A few days ago, I changed her YouTube show to Christmas carols, so she'd have that going on in her head for hours, and, this morning, I just changed it to Polka. It doesn't hurt for people to diversify their interests, you know.

2. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Polka ... well that is just plain mean! :mad:

John Brunner and Beth Gallagher like this.
  3. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

During my senior year in high school, myself and a few neighborhood friends (including the Class President), decided to do a joke/prank. We made a dummy and had me, dressed in an overcoat/hat, stand by the dummy, which was laying on the side of a main road, with a rubber knife, acting like I was stabbing it. A senior lady drove by, slowed up her car (brake lights) sort of freaked out and stopped by the Class President's house. Told his mom to call local Sheriff about what she had seen. The senior lady left after telling his mom to call the Sheriff.

After I seen her brake lights go on down the road a short distance, and then take off again, I put the dummy in our vehicle, jumped in and we went back to the Class President's house. HIs mom told us about the senior lady that had stopped by, told her what she had seen and asked her to call the Sheriff. The Class President's mom told us not to do it anymore. She knew we were going to do something sort of stupid, but didn't ask. She seen the dummy and the coat/hat for me and laughed, but knew that what we had done wasn't right and had scared the crap out of the old lady.

4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

Next, I think I'll change her default language to something more obscure than English.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  5. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

No, it's not. It's happy music. I've seen Myron Floren in person, thank you very much.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  6. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

There's three computer pranks that are kind of funny:

#1: Take a screenshot of somebody's desktop, remove all the shortcuts (just move them to a different folder so that can easily be moved back), then set that screenshot as the desktop's Background Picture. It's looks exactly like the regular Desktop (complete with all the shortcuts) but it's just a picture...clicking on the icons does nothing.

#2: CTRL+ALT+ (Left Arrow or Down Arrow or Right Arrow) rotates the display. This is what CTRL+ALT+Down Arrow does:

Prank.jpg

To set it right, CTRL+ALT+Up Arrow.

#3: I recall sitting at a coworker's desk casually chatting with her as she shuffled papers, and as we were talking I nonchalantly pulled off a small Post-It Note and stuck it to the bottom of her mouse, blocking the laser light. She didn't even notice. That was great fun.

Yvonne Smith likes this.