Prayer Requests

Discussion in 'Comments on Forum' started by Yvonne Smith, Apr 20, 2024.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Some of you may remember my friend Evelyn (@Joyce Mcgregor) who used to be on the forum several years ago. She was the lady that Robin and I had to rescue from the nursing home, and then she lived here in Huntsville for several years after, but ended up moving to live with her daughter because her health was getting worse.
    Her daughter just posted on Evelyn’s facebook page that her mom fell and broke the femur in her leg, and she is now in the hospital, and Suzy asked for prayers for her mom, who is in her mid-70’s now.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2024
  2. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

That has to be one of the most painful injury's, Sorry about Evelyn, we will pray for her tonight.

Jake Smith and Yvonne Smith like this.
  3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

I will pray for her right now.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  4. Teresa Levitt

Teresa Levitt Veteran Member
    Registered

i will certainly pray foe Evelyn

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  5. Jake Smith

Jake Smith Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

[​IMG]

Prayers, for Evelyn.

6. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

I remember her! Will do

7. Yvonne Smith

I had an update from Suzy (Evelyn’s daughter), and she is not doing well at all. Besides the operation for both her thigh and her hip, they lost her once on the operating table and had to resuscitate her.
    She also has COPD and CHF, as well as T2 diabetes, and other health issues, that are making it harder for her.

Suzy said that her memory has been getting worse the last few years, and she thinks that Evelyn has early dementia; but with all the drugs they had to give her for the operation, now Evelyn does not really understand what is happening at all , and she has been fighting the doctors and nurses, and trying to pull the IV lines out of her arms, and yelling that she wants to go home.
    So, for her safety, they now have her heavily sedated, to stop her from hurting herself.

She has been in the nursing home for the last couple of years, because she didn’t recover from the last time she fell and hurt herself, but this time, she has been happy in the nursing home, unlike the one in Memphis, when Robin and I had to break her out of the nursing home.
    (They sent her there after she had been hospitalized, but they took all of her SS pension, so even after she got better, she had no money to get out of the nursing home and find another apartment to live in.)
    Robin and I came to visit her, loaded up everything she had there (it was not much) and Evelyn stayed with us until she got her SS check again and could have her own place.

I am really worried about Evelyn this time. My friend, Judy (I used to work with her years ago) had a stroke, and was doing the same thing in the hospital, fighting and trying to get away, and not really understanding what was going on, and they had to deeply sedate her, too, and she never came out of it, and passed away the next day or so.
    Evelyn is in a hospital that is in Florida, because there was not one near where her daughter lives in southern Alabama.

Jake Smith and Marie Mallery like this.
  8. Betty Jones

Betty Jones Veteran Member
    Registered

prayers going to evelyn

9. Marie Mallery

Registered

Yvonne we keep you snd your friend in our thoughts and prayers, this seems to be the month for illness for our loved ones. Hope she recovers soon.

10. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Prayers going up now.

11. Yvonne Smith

News from Evelyn’s daughter; she is doing some better today, and they are hoping that she may be well enough to go back to the nursing home for the rest of her recovery soon.
    Suzy said that Evelyn was supposed to be using her walker anytime she walked, but she was just walking across her bedroom to the bathroom and fell on the way because she didn’t have the walker and lost her balance.
    She is probably now going to be in a wheelchair for the foreseeable future because of the broken leg having to heal; but at least she will be happier if she can go back to the nursing home and not have to stay in the hospital.

12. Marie Mallery

Registered

It is good that she can go to where she is most comfortable or happy. Glad she is doing better. Hospitals are no fun for sure.