President Obama, Do You Love America?

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Ken Anderson, Feb 22, 2015.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

No, it's not Rudy Giuliani but he's quite the orator.

2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

This boy speaks well and makes his point. It really seems like we have a prsident who does not have the best interests of America at heart in his decisions. I imagine that he is pretty controlled, so many of the things he does, he probably has no choice in the matter.
    President Reagan wanted to step out and make changes but it didn't take long for them to have him shot, and almost killed, and he learned not to stray out of his place. I am sure that something similar could happen if any of our presidents don't do what the so-called "secret government" wants them to do.
    One thing that bothers me with this whole ISIS issue.
    It has served to bring hatred between Muslims and both the Jews and the Christians. It just so happens that these are the only religions in the whole world who profess to believe in the God of Abraham and Isaac of the Holy Bible. Does it bother anyone else that these are the three religions who are being targeted and killed ? It makes me wonder if we are all being set up for something.

3. Ken Anderson

Here's another thing that should bother us all about ISIS.

From TREND News Agency

4. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

I only have one thing to comment about this video, maybe two. Does he realize the position that he put himself and his family in? To openly disrespect the President of the United States in public like that. He has got more than nerve, in fact he doesn't have any nerves.

I can see Secret Service watching out for this young man and his family.

5. Ken Anderson

6. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

I think that part of our freedom of speech is so that we can openly state our opinions about our government, and also our politial leaders, even when they are the president. We are not to be making threats to the president, obviously; but there is nothing wrong with saying that you object to the president or his policies, and that he is leading the country downhill and not helping us.
    Another thing that really bothers me is that we now include having freedom of speech to include taking down our American flag, "because it might offend the illegals".
    Excuse me ? ?
    This is our country, and our flag, and they have already pretty much disallowed the God that has been considered part of our lives and our country for all of these many years; but taking away the right to publically display our national flag is just going way too far ! !

http://www.breitbart.com/california...void-triggering-hurt-feelings-among-illegals/

Sarah Price likes this.
  7. Mal Campbell

Mal Campbell Supreme Member
    Registered

I applaud this young man, not only for voicing his opinion, but for having them in the first place. You seldom see young people today who are even aware of these types of things, much less ones that have such strongly held convictions. Good for him!! And for him to have the nerve and courage to speak out - especially when it's not a PC thing for him to do - I have to say that I admire him for it.

Although, like @Von Jones says, in this day and age, and with this president - the young man has put himself at risk and in danger. I wish him well, and hope that he maintains his strong convictions and willingness to speak out against the wrongs he sees.

8. Peter Remington

Peter Remington Veteran Member
    Registered

Well, this kid in the video certainly toes the Republican party line. That notwithstanding, Giuliani's remarks were ridiculous, offensive, classless, clueless and unhelpful. Seems to me that everything the GOP is doing today (inviting Netanyahu to address Congress, attempting to do an end-run around the negotiations with Iran, jeopardizing the funding for Homeland Security in order to annihilate Obama's efforts to take a sane approach to immigration, hamstringing Congress for two years trying to repeal Universal Healthcare) are but DESPERATE ploys to regain power with a voter base which no longer remotely supports them. THESE are the actions of a group who never gave a sweet damn about the American people ... except, of course, the ultra-rich ones! THESE are the dangerous, completely corrupted minions of a corporate structure who would cheerfully enslave us all if we'd let them!

In six short years, and with nothing but party-line opposition to everything the President has tried to accomplish, Obama has managed to take the political and financial ruin of the country that Bush left us with and bring it back around to the beginnings of hope once again. His hesitation to re-embroil us in the Middle East quagmire is quite understandable, given that 'George's Folly' is a great big part of what got us into the mess we are just crawling out of today.

Ask yourselves what America REALLY stands for in 2015! Is it the domination of oil fields that are not ours to play with, turning a blind eye to well-established climate science while the world burns, wholesale persecution of immigrants (historically the country's very lifeblood), deregulating the Big Banks so they can better rape the general populous everyday, and restricting women, minorities the elderly & handicapped and gays from participating on an equal footing in our society? If it is, then I imagine that 'Uncle Rudy' must seem like quite the role model for you right now.

9. Sarah Price

Sarah Price Veteran Member
    Registered

I totally agree with Rudy's remarks. I am extremely concerned and so should everybody else on American soil about the likelihood of Iran obtaining a nuclear weapon. It is very difficult for me to wrap my head around the concept that if someone is threatening me, that I would actually assist them in obtaining a weapon to bring me down. That is EXACTLY what Barack is doing. Iran has very clearly said they want Israel and America wiped off the planet. People were dazzled by Barack's "hope and change" rhetoric back in 2008 so he won by a landslide. Not so much in 2012 but he did win. Then he really cut loose and this past Fall I think many Americans woke up and realized what was going on. Republicans won by a landslide; there were some areas of the country that voted in Republicans for the first time in 100 years.

It was against all military advice that Barack pulled out of Iraq and look what has happened. I don't necessarily completely agree with our going in there in the first place, but the fact is that we did and much blood and treasure was spilled. All for nothing now. I can tell you that I AM a woman and nobody has restricted me at all from being part of society. I worked very hard all my life and climbed up the career ladder and did Ok. Nobody stopped me and nobody would stop any other woman from doing so either. One has to put forth effort and work hard to obtain, it shouldn't be simply handed over to someone because they demand it (from taxpayers).

Having said all this, nothing is really going to matter because when Iran goes nuclear, the entire world is going to be a very dangerous place for us all. And will we have climate change problems? We sure will. Lots of nuclear fallout. Oh well. It was a great ride while it lasted and I'm thankful that at least for a time, life seemed normal and good.

10. Peter Remington

Registered

Jeez, Sarah, watch Fox News much? Obama is categorically NOT trying to help Iran get nuclear weaponry. He is trying to restrict them with legitimate diplomatic efforts, rather than simply bomb them back to the stone age as the 47 letter-writing Republican Congressional Traitors would probably prefer us to do. This deliberate attempt to derail an ongoing American negotiation should be fully prosecuted as nothing less than outright treason as far as I'M concerned! Besides, Iran is not a declared threat to us; they have threatened Israel in one aspect of a conflict which has flourished since the proverbial dawn of time and will likely continue through the end of the world. The relentless egos (and the willful ignorance) of the ultra right wing must be considered by any well-informed American a far more palpable and imminent danger to our nation than anything the Middle East might do.

It is Bush's forced removal of the former Iraqi regime alone that has so disastrously destabilized the entire region and he lied to the world throughout his Presidency to get the job done. THAT'S a guy who doesn't love America ... at least not as much as he evidently loved the notion of completing the atrocity that his father could not. By the way, it is a matter of long historical record that the party out of power ALWAYS gets a landslide in the mid-term elections during the sixth year of a two-term President, quite REGARDLESS of WHICH WAY the shift moves. You'll STILL want to get ready for Hillary in 2016.

So, you're NOT restricted in society as a woman?! How is it, then, that you only made 60% of the salary a man made doing the same job?! And I really LOVE the inexorable inference that all liberals are on the dole. That's the very same idiocy that my parents used to justify being Republican way back in the fifties--complete with the here unspoken racial overtones! As a man born legally blind, I earned a PhD at U.C.L.A. and embarked upon a successful thirty-year career as a clinical psychologist and a university professor. I NEVER took a penny of 'assistance' from ANYONE and will ALWAYS be the first one to agree that we desperately need to kick all of the ne'er-do-wells, junkies and teenaged baby-machines off of Welfare. So much for THAT sweet little theory!

Heads in the sand or get off the tired old dime, people. What America does in the next ten years will have a vastly greater impact on the fate of the world than dinky little Iran ever could in it's wildest imaginings. Believe it!

11. Ken Anderson

I guess you drank the Kool-Aid. Do you realize that the "letter" that the Dems are making so much of a fuss about was akin to an open letter or an opinion column, which our elected representatives certainly have a right to express. Given that, until Obama, our system of government was supposed to have been comprised of co-equal branches of government, Obama has no right to make treaties on his own, and the Iranians have every right to know that any deal arranged by Obama would not necessarily hold water ten years from now.

I am not pleased with either of our two major political parties, given that they have been running a con on the American people through a tag team approach for quite some time now. The first Bush gave up a second term because a Democrat was needed to push NAFTA through, given the the Democrats would not otherwise give up on their much lauded support for the labor unions. Only a Democrat could get enough Democratic votes to pass it. Otherwise, Clinton pretty much continued everything that Bush was doing, the second Bush continued Clinton's policies and, except for the really crazy stuff, Obama has been continuing everything that Bush had done during his eight years in office, including the wars that he was so much against as a candidate.

Anyone who can still rise to his feet and cheer for his team in a national election just isn't paying attention. There are only two teams: them and us, and both political parties have been working in tandem against the best interests of the American people for years. The only difference between Obama and Bush is that Obama doesn't even pretend to be on our side.

12. Peter Remington

Registered

I actually quite agree with you, Ken, that NEITHER major political party has exactly covered itself in glory for some time now. In fact, you would doubtless be rather surprised to learn that many of my beliefs are of a decidedly conservative bent ... bombing the living crap out of anyone who doesn't think like us NOT being one of them! However, I wonder which party position history will judge to be the more ridiculous; the Democratic reaction to the Republicans flagrantly interfering with a completely legal Executive Action--only made imperative because of a hopelessly deadlocked Congress--or the Republicans snuffling around about the availability of Hillary's personal emails while she was Secretary of State? Care to rehash Benghazi, anyone?!

As long as Americans continue to engage in a mindless life and death struggle to 'get the other guy', our country is effectively castrated and the rest of the planet is subsequently doomed. Meanwhile, Obama does what he can--utterly without Congressional support--to right just a few of the wrongs the U.S.A. has foisted on a deeply (and rightfully?) resentful world.

Don't worry, though. We'll have run out of oil and succumbed to a global drought with a third of our current land area submerged under the encroaching sea by the end of this Century, anyway. Meanwhile, Sarah and the rest of you can continue to delude yourselves that, "Life seems normal and good"!!!

13. Ken Anderson

I don't know what all of the Middle East wars are about but I strongly suspect that the truth hardly resembles anything we've heard on the news over the past several years, and I don't think it is at all partisan, given that the party that is out of control uses it as a campaign issue until they get in control, after which they continue the wars. I am quite certain that we are lied to on a regular basis, and it seems clear our enemies overseas are always the same people who we have armed and trained.

I didn't vote for the first Bush or for whoever ran against him. I didn't vote for Clinton either of the times that he ran. I did vote for George W. Bush in 2000, but only because Al Gore seemed fit for the loony bin, and he scared the heck out of me. I didn't vote for either the Republican or the Democrat in 2004 or 2008 and, in 2012, I was a delegate for Ron Paul, and ended up writing him in for the general election, although he had no intention of winning either. I distrust both major political parties equally.

14. Peter Remington

Registered

Yup, so do I. Always have, but, given the stereotypical mindset of the rank-and-file conservative versus the attitude of the standard issue liberal, the latter seems to me to be at least somewhat less likely to wipe out the human race in my lifetime. Returning, then, to the original theme of the thread, Obama gives me infinitely more evidence that he loves America than Rudy Giuliani ever could.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
  15. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

I disagree Peter Remington. President Obama has been going against our constitution and refusing to deal with congress since he took office. He hasn't shown a bit of love for this country.

Yvonne Smith likes this.