Printed Baseball Caps And T-shirts?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Jan 7, 2022.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Why make them if nobody notices what's printed on them? Jackets seem to be different. We seen a number of jackets in Vegas, during the rodeo, that had the name of a ranch, equestrian center or some other "rodeo/western" related print on it.

We have a number of both baseball caps and t-shirts with print on them. Nobody has ever said to me, "You listen to Boston, huh?" Boston being a Classic Rock group.

I know companies will do prints to advertise the company/products, but Classic Rock groups?

As for myself, I'm always looking at what printed on a baseball cap, t-shirt or even a jacket. Then again, I'm very observant of things, at least that's what my wife tells me.

2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

How do you know that "nobody notices them"?? Are you privy to what other people think now? You make absurd assumptions about people for someone so "observant."

Mary Robi, Faye Fox and Al Amoling like this.
  3. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Well, Beth, apparently people where you live are much, much friendlier than folks here. And, it's not what they "think", it's what's not being said outloud. 99% of the people here, won't talk to a stranger unless the stranger talks to them first. And, since this virus-mask thing happened, people refuse to talk to each other. Especially those wearing and not wearing a mask.

Where you live, are people friendly and talk to you in a store, that is, without you talking to them first?

4. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

What on earth does the friendliness of people have to do with what is printed on t-shirts??? Good grief.

Mary Robi and Faye Fox like this.
  5. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Not "good grief", Beth. If nobody says anything to a person about what is printed on a t-shirt or baseball cap, then, to me, might as well not have anything printed on either. There are those that will notice what's printed on either and ask about it, like I do. Then, there are those that don't care about what is printed and say nothing. Even Ken told me "I don't even pay any attention to what's printed on a t-shirt or baseball cap. So, if somebody isn't using the t-shirt or baseball cap to "show off" something, like a sports team they like/love, why make either.

IOW, Beth, I have a semi-winter coat that I have heat-glued Navy patches on. Navy Fleet (7th Fleet) I was in, the first Destroyer/Navy ship I was on, a Vietnam Veteran Patch and a patch that says U.S. Navy on it. I also have a baseball cap with the name/picture of that first Destroyer/Navy ship I was on. People will see either or both, when I wear both, and say "thanks for serving".

Sometimes a printed t-shirt or baseball cap can be a "conversation starter" and that's what I like. While in Jacksonville, FL., wife and I met a Navy Veteran of WWII, because he was wearing a baseball cap that stated that. I asked him about his baseball cap and, it turned out that he was one of the guys that operated a Navy Amphibious Landing Craft (Transport) that took/dropped off soldiers on the beach at Normandy. Had we not ask him about his baseball cap, we would've never known what he did.

Met a guy at Petco, that was wearing a Pearl Harbor Veteran baseball cap. Ask him about it and it turned out that he was in his barracks playing cards when the entire was of the barracks was blown out when the Japanese attacked.

Another guy, at the discount store BJ's, was wearing a U.S.S. America baseball cap that had scrambled eggs on the bill of the cap. Turns out that he use to be the Captain of the old Aircraft Carrier U.S.S. America, but now retired.

If wife and I wouldn't have been that friendly, we would've never known about this three men. Quite interesting.

6. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

7. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

If there wasn’t a market for printed shirts and caps then there wouldn’t be any printed shirts and caps.
    Obviously there’s a market.

Simple.

8. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Ok, but you make a comment to someone that had something printed on their baseball cap or t-shirt? And, nowadays, t-shirts are coming out with the "F" word printed on them or some other foul language. Apparently there is a call for them as well and, whomever makes them, don't care what the public thinks.

9. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Whomever is making the bucks selling shirts with the F bomb on them definitely does care what the public thinks because it’s the public that is buying those items.
    It’s the wearer of such things who doesn’t care what the public thinks and to be truthful, they have the same right to wear that stuff as I do when I wear a “I love Jesus” shirt.

If I see a shirt I like I might say “nice shirt” or even “welcome home” to a Vietnam vet wearing his vets baseball cap but other than that, I really don’t pay a lot of attention to what someone has emblazoned on their clothing.

Al Amoling and Beth Gallagher like this.
  10. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

That's one of the problems America has, everyone wants, even demands, "the right" to do whatever they want to, whenever they want to. It can tell me a lot about a person that is wearing a t-shirt/baseball cap that has foul language written on it. When I see a foul-mouth window decal on a vehicle, it tells me about the person as well. Like the one that says "_U" Cancer.

Now, whenever a see a t-shirt or baseball cap or even a jacket with the name of a ranch, rodeo event, horse/livestock, I noticed it very fast and will make a comment to the wearer.

11. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Yep, guys really notice those famous ranch tee's! :D
    New Image.jpg

Mary Stetler and Bobby Cole like this.
  12. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I worked for the government contractor that took possession of The Mustang Ranch the second time the IRS seized it. I've seen pics of the inside. I wouldn't go near a place like that without a hazmat suit.

I've got one of their matchbooks around here somewhere.

Bobby Cole and Faye Fox like this.
  13. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

I know I done this thread about baseball caps/t-shirts, but when it comes to "having the right to wear what you want", I always think of the cook we talked to in the dining room of a Mimi's Restaurant. Don't know why he was in the dining room area, around customers, but he was. He had a tattoo of Satan on this lower arm, right above his wrist. When I asked him "why Satan?", he told me "because I love Satan". I was really shocked that he was in the dining room around customers. But, then again, with baseball caps/t-shirts with the "F" word on them, all I can say is.........."welcome to 2022!"

14. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Since it's been a year since I've posted to this thread, I wanted to resurrect it and find out, from any new members in the past year.............do you read what is written on someone's baseball cap or t-shirt? I do probably more often than I should, but that's me. I observe things a lot. Like, if I see a guy wearing a Vietnam Service (any of the Services) or Navy ship baseball cap, I will ask/talk to him about it. Goes the same for t-shirts. If I recognize something written on a t-shirt, I will ask/talk to the person about what is written.

I mean, why buy/sell a baseball cap or t-shirt that has something written on it, if people ignore what is said.

15. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

I love funny t-shirts. When I had my horses, I had horse t-shirts. Now I do funny chicken and cow shirts. Hubby collects souvenir t-shirts and caps. Mostly I made him buy red caps so he is easier to find in crowds. Of course this was before MAGA. But he seldom goes anywhere cap worthy lately. I have a beautiful mauve, suede, aussie hat. I am easy to find.

Yvonne Smith and Bobby Cole like this.