Racist

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Martin Alonzo, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

This is quite a head scratcher for me and of course when you bring it up it starts a fight. I am hoping someone could clarify this for me with a level head. Can you be racist against a Zebra if no? How can you be racist against a person who has a black father and a white mother?

Bobby Cole likes this.
  2. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Maybe other horses are racist towards the zebra...who knows lol

3. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Can a person be a racist towards dogs. There are breeds that some folks love and others are totally scared of.

Ok, now a Zebra.....…...Martin, I really, really have to think about your thread and question. LOL

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Of course. Throughout history, people of mixed race have sometimes had it even more difficult because they were rejected by the races of both parents, as well as by those who believed that it was wrong for the races to mix. People are always looking for reasons to feel superior to other people. As I mentioned in another thread, they often do that through the application of a name - like Zebra.

5. Martin Alonzo

Registered

So if you are of mix racist and a white person says something he is racist because you are wearing you black linage. If a black person says something he is racist because you can wear your white linage. Confusing is it not.

6. Ken Anderson

It's not so much a matter of "saying something" as it is making a judgment about someone based on their race.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  7. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

What did they mean by "Oreo", heard now and then as a kid? And don't tell me the "s" in Fudgesicle is not silent!

Frank

8. Martin Alonzo

Registered

I have many Haitians work for me but if I spoke out against one am I racist but that happens in the US all the time. The idea that I put out first was if you had a 1% in your linage and someone said something to you are they racist. Or where does that line form? If I had 1 % black in my back ground and something was said to me can I say it is racist. My children are white by color but the mother is brown their grand father is black. where do they stand.

Ken Anderson and Don Alaska like this.
  9. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Ok, since the thread is really about race, I can now say this:

Living here in Jacksonville, FL, where blacks are almost 1/2 of the population, wife and I have seen many black/white couples and their children. The is the first city either of us have lived in where we have really, really seen this, to amount we've seen here.

Thing is, this interracial couples thing is not all over the U.S.. When we were in Loveland, Ft Collins and Cheyenne, we didn't see this at all. But, then again the demographics of blacks in these cities is 1% or less. The eastern end of Loveland has a somewhat of a large Hispanic/Mexican population, but no white/Hispanic-Mexican couples. We ate at a Golden Corral Buffet, the night before we left, and only seen Hispanic and Mexican couples along with white couples.

When we lived in Parker, CO, the demographics there was primarily white, with very few of any other race...…...and that was fine with us. Many areas here in Florida are very diverse, when it comes to race.

Thing is, we have never seen a male or female person from India with a white person.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  10. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Cody Fousnaugh
    What is your bottom line here?
    Frank

11. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Bottom Line??? Simply stating the percentage difference in black/white racial marriages where we currently live and what it's like in northern Colorado into Wyoming. That should be ok.

A lot of folks here would call the city/town we had a house in in Colorado, a racist area, because of the lack of and/or no diversity. They would call the cities we visited two weeks ago the same thing. Like folks there, we just aren't into much, or any, diversity in races...….and that should be ok.

12. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I heard Malik Obama speaking on the radio and he stated that his brother, Barack was more black than white whilst he, (Malik) was more white than black. Genetically they are pretty much the same yet psychologically, they stand on opposite sides of the fence so much that Malik didn’t vote for his own brother in either election.

Now, whether it was about race or some personal dislike is anyone’s guess but for Malik to actually come out and declare their psychological differences in regard to race makes me believe that there is some racial bias in the mix.

In regard to the zebra scenario; If a zebra was into counting the number of stripes and what color they are, yup, that’s enough to qualify for racism or a high ranking on the “stupid” meter.

13. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

My niece in Parker just bought a house, they sold their condo in 3 days!

Real estate is hot there...they didn't get the first house they really wanted ...they were outbid by a cash offer!

Think the house was selling for somewhere in the $400,000's. She told me but I forgot.

Sorry...off topic.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
  14. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

One thing for sure, Parker sure has GROWN since we owned our house there off of Hilltop. Two lane street, Parker Road, is now 4 lanes. Lots and lots of new houses. Hilltop area sure built up, with new gas station and other businesses. While driving thru there, we said "nope, not moving back here."

Basically, people have to be darn near rich to buy a house in Parker today.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  15. Ken Anderson

People are people, and I can't imagine a reasonable objection to people of different races being married. I am well aware that such objections exist, but I don't consider them to be reasonable.